Network Issue with Panasonic Cloud Services for LCD TV with Firefox OS

Second update: Panasonic Home Cloud T&C specifically talks about collecting your TV viewing information. Interesting I can connect to that, but not the apps.

Le sigh

I've had this problem since lunch time. Netflix working fine before lunch, but has played up all afternoon. Two factory resets and much hair pulling later, I'm finally consoled that its probably not the TV at fault (a 5 day old 50CX700B) given everyone else's experience (thank you AVForums :))
iPlayer and other catch up services work fine, but no access to appstore, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. Right PITA - was hoping to enjoy some 4k content this evening - I guess not!

The odds of our sets all crapping out on the same day and in the same way is astronomically small.

I have also noticed that my panasonic homer cloud is not signed in. Currently trying to sign in to it, but not having any success.

This is second time this week, and with connectivity in between. I do not hope this will be a case for the future, with much dropout time. You come home and want to watch something and you have to search the nett to just figure out that Panasic have taken the weekend off, so there will not be any tv time or Netflix before after the weekends over.

Do someone know if Panasonic have a facebook page for this kind of "#¤&%%". I feel strongly to complain to a wall about this.

I do not do facebook or anything like that but have fired off a few emails to all the panasonic contacts I could find to let them know of my displeasure.

I've had this problem since lunch time. Netflix working fine before lunch, but has played up all afternoon. Two factory resets and much hair pulling later, I'm finally consoled that its probably not the TV at fault (a 5 day old 50CX700B) given everyone else's experience (thank you AVForums :))
iPlayer and other catch up services work fine, but no access to appstore, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. Right PITA - was hoping to enjoy some 4k content this evening - I guess not!

I think you are wrong about the tv foult. If it's not the tv, then we would not have been meat with Panasonic homer cloud error, or this privacy thing you have to click accept when you start at reset the tv that tryes to connect to Panasonic, but fails, and we are meet with internet server problems already at start before any apps. That's in the middle of a tv install.

My theory is that some apps are connected to Panasonic server, as also apps marked are, and some are not connected to Panasonic servers. Therefore we don't get to use some of this services. I manage to get youtube to work. But apps marked is bound to cloud services. You cant enter marked or install a apps without signing in to the cloud server.

I just talk my self to convincing that this is a Panasonic server failure, and it's very bad way they have connected this services together. It will be very informative how long this going to last before they discover the downtime. I had this TV for about two weeks.

Ive owned my 55-CX680 a week and have been dissapointed to find my optical sound connection dosent work for Netflix, and now I cant watch Narcos tonight.

Its my first 'proper' telly, thank god I didn't pay a grand for it, id be quite annoyed.

From Denmark

Today my flatscreen (50CX725) did exactly the same (error code E3502), and I can't log on to Netflix anymore, but the internet works just fine. Strangly enough I did sucessfully manage to watch a movie in my Viaplay app, but Netflix is not working for sure.

Whats your opinon/knowledge on the topic, is it an error that will automatically will be fixed, or is it a permanent state?

Whats your opinon/knowledge on the topic, is it an error that will automatically will be fixed, or is it a permanent state?

Am pretty sure Panasonic will get around to sorting it out - not good enough though - they sell the tv with netflix on the remote etc and then because of their (Panasonic's) servers? it does not work.

UPDATE

Market says it is down due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Error E-1

From Denmark

Today my flatscreen (50CX725) did exactly the same (error code E3502), and I can't log on to Netflix anymore, but the internet works just fine. Strangly enough I did sucessfully manage to watch a movie in my Viaplay app, but Netflix is not working for sure.

Hi mate, seeing as none of us has done anything or changed anything to introduce this issue, it should be resolved by Panasonic

Am pretty sure Panasonic will get around to sorting it out - not good enough though - they sell the tv with netflix on the remote etc and then because of their (Panasonic's) servers? it does not work.

Just don't reset the tv when server is down, it will just be more confusing...

Add me to the list!
TV: 50" CX802
Internet: Virgin Media
Connection: Hard wired
Same issues as everyone else, TV says there's a network connection problem but every time I run set-up it says it's fine.
YouTube works fine but Netflix won't connect and that's the only part of the 'smart' TV I want to use.
As Wiredgeneration, I was looking forward to watching Narcos in 4k tonight but have now given up.
Thanks Panasonic.
If Netflix is coming to us via the Panasonic servers let's hope they switch it off and on again soon.

andrew.denham at eu.panasonic.com
Laurent.Abadie at eu.panasonic.com

CEO and Managing Directors of Panasonic UK & ROI, have been emailed asking for answers :)

andrew.denham at eu.panasonic.com
Laurent.Abadie at eu.panasonic.com

CEO and Managing Directors of Panasonic UK & ROI, have been emailed asking for answers :)

Thanks, I will also email them about this just to push them for this, hope everyone does this.

Hope you post you answer here, I know I will do. I have one week to decide if I want to return this tv. That would be kind of sad, because after recalibrating, I'm very pleased with the black level of this tv. I hope they have good answers on the fix or that they working serious with this matter.

Just sent off an e-mail myself. We'll see what happens. Service still buggered here.

I certainly will post up if I get a reply - my emails have not bounced back as being incorrect email addresses so hopefully they will get to them - I did try phoning the panasonic customer services but I didn't even get through to them. Have emailed the two people above plus customer services.

Same issue here, I noticed it early this afternoon. I've been driving my wife mad faffing about with menu settings in my TV, HH5 and Netgear R7000 router. I have a CX700 55inch to throw that in the mix. Amazon player works but not Netflix...

Can someone confirm if this is a long term case?

I have had this tv for about 3 week, but not watched to much with apps the two first weeks. But it is first this week I begun to use the apps and netflix. This week I had already two incident of this matter where it's unable to connect to netflix or other apps, the last one today, that last for hours. I'm pretty sure it's about between Firefox OS, panasonic cloud and some apps connectivity. It would have been nice to hear what others experiences are from the start of this new OS and cloud thing, if this is something that have been a one long run with apps and internet error.

Can someone confirm if this is a long term case?

I have had this tv for about 3 week, but not watched to much with apps the two first weeks. But it is first this week I begun to use the apps and netflix. This week I had already two incident of this matter where it's unable to connect to netflix or other apps, the last one today, that last for hours. I'm pretty sure it's about between Firefox OS, panasonic cloud and some apps connectivity. It would have been nice to hear what others experiences are from the start of this new OS and cloud thing, if this is something that have been a one long run with apps and internet error.

I've had the TV about 2-3 months this is the first time I've had any issue at all

It appears it is something to do with Netflix and other UK film based services. I have checked www.downdetector.co.uk and Netflix is down throughout most parts of the UK and Northern Europe. I reset my panny cx802b to factory default tonight but it made no difference other than ruining my picture settings ( had to view avforums video again - took me ages!)

YouTube app and some other apps still work.

Tried Netflix through BT youview. It worked but the picture quality was pixelated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom