Network Issue with Panasonic Cloud Services for LCD TV with Firefox OS

tezuk123

Standard Member
just tried again 8.40 uk time still asking for an internet connection,have now wired it still the same response.Can go onto firefox ,i player ect but no amazon netflix ....

neilmac

Having these same issues with cx680. Never had a problem until the last software update although that's probably coincidental. I have 2 other Panasonic smart TVs neither of which are 4K. Brand loyalty only goes so far. This is becoming very irritating to say the least. We'll see what the reply to my email says.

mcav

Media Server works perfectly and so does the web browser, its just Netflix and YouTube

Yes, basically anything that's not funnelled through Panasonic's servers is unaffected by their server crap out. Everything that is funnelled through the servers (for data mining) is effectively dead when Panasonic's servers are down.

alanmowle

Novice Member
Hi all,

I seem to have encountered a problem with this TV. It is connected via a wired connection (though changing to wireless does not seem to fix this issue). The router has been tested to work just fine, it connects to different devices without issue, both wired and wireless. Checking the Network Status on the TV, it is reporting happily that it is connected to the router and after that, the internet.

The problem is that none of my apps are launching. At all. If I go in through the home button, then to apps, then select an app (say, Netflix), there is literally no response, followed by "Network error occurred". If I select OK it puts me back to where I was. I can go in through "Apps" and select an and (say, Youtube), and I get more of the same, then I get "This App will be available soon".

I have just reset it to "out-of-the-box" settings, losing all my colour adjustments into the bargain, to find that it has not helped at all.

Other apps keep telling me that I need a network connection, bouncing me to the network set up pages. I just tried to launch BBC iPlayer to be given a network error (E3502).

Interestingly, I can get into some apps by way of the freetime and FreeviewPlay apps - for example, BBC iPlayer works that way.

Having got that to work, I have returned to trying Netflix and one again I have got nothing.

I'm now going round in circles and getting nowhere. Does anyone have any help they can offer?

Thanks in advance.
Same problem with my new Panasonic TC-50CX700B, started yesterday 10th October

mcav

BTW, according to this thread

Panasonic Viera TC-60AS530U - Networks error - Forums - CNET

Panasonic are updating their servers. This is an explanation, but it is not addressing the more fundamental issue here. Why does the internet connection have to pass through Panasonic Servers for direct access services?

It is one thing to monitor usage stats to "improve service", and do it as a spin off from the direct connection, but quite another to force a connection through servers, then not allow it when you take those servers down.

Nikklas

Standard Member
"...these Panasonic TV's are NOT truly internet connected TV's. For context, I have a brand new CX802B which is being affected by this.

Applications like YouTube, Netflix etc... should not, and must not be funnelled through another server. This is being done for data mining and marketing. You can opt out of the targeted advertising, but this does not change the infrastructure that means that in order to successfully connect to these services in the internet, your TV must get past the data mining servers at Panasonic HQ."

I am chocked. That's it. I am permanently disconnecting my tv from the internet. I'm putting gum in the ethernet connector. I'm wrapping the tv in tin foil.

mcav

Things seem to be running a bit better now. I have however noticed that the YouTube application, which was doing 4K previously now only runs in HD. I have tested the same videos as I tested before and they are no longer in 4K.

By the same token, when they were displaying 4K, they were clearly not actually streaming at that resolution.

neilmac

I think I'll just buy an Amazon Fire TV 4K. Don't see why I should have to, but if it's the only way to fix this crap then so be it.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
It access the Wifi but instead of going directly to Netflix etc. it then goes to Panasonic's server and from there to Netflix etc. which means they find out what you are viewing.

tezuk123

Standard Member
:clap: hi there everything is back up and running .Many thanks to all those on this forum who took the time and effort to be helpful.Maybe next time panasonic would think about putting some sort of news about what is happening. Then again....

Ronniesj

Standard Member
I just got this replay from Panasonic Denmark: (quick translation via google translate)

"Dear Ronnie,
Thank you for your email.
We are well aware of the problems with the internet and apps market, we regret very much. It's something being worked on to be solved as soon as possible. Do not reset the TV as there is nothing wrong with your television.

Right now you can not do as much, but to try 2-3 times a day, to see if it is up and running again. The fault is with our servers, but not to the TV. It should work again very soon.

I apologize again and wish you a good Monday.
Sincerely,
Anders
Customer service
Panasonic Denmark"

mcav

It is good that you got a reply, but seeing as the TV's smart functionality is bound to their servers, it by definition makes it a fault with the TV; it only works as advertised if Panasonic's servers work.

I'll post when I get an actual reply from Panasonic UK.

grompy

Novice Member
Thank you Ronny for the information, we just have to be patient and hope it is solved quickly
Her in Belgium I gave a try at 2 pm and 5 pm without succes

ristac

Mine isn't working tonight, I am getting the service you are trying to access is undergoing maintenance message. Tried BBCi player and Netflix, it's a joke.

mcav

While my services are working OK right now, I am far from happy with this situation. The data mining I can live with. The requirement for Panasonic servers to be operational, I cannot. They can stop this service tomorrow, annihilating part of this TV's feature set.

PowerShot

Standard Member
I can just confirm that Panasonic has writhed something on their UK facebook page. But they should not just writing it in between some complainant comment, somehow hidden from most people. I somehow surprised that their not writing a main post on their page about Panasonic Cloud Services downtime, and what caused this downtime, and some assurances. This makes me question Panasonic, and not at all a nice first impression for a brand new tv.

https://www.facebook.com/PanasonicUK/videos/vb.200620789980139/1000465329995677/?type=2&theater¬if_t=video_reply

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Triangle announces new wireless Borea Active bookshelf speakers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Arc earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
iFi Audio launches new Go bar portable DAC/headphone amp