Network Issue with Panasonic Cloud Services for LCD TV with Firefox OS

mcav

It is without a doubt nothing to do with Netflix. I am watching successfully on my laptop, desktop and over my chromecast. The Youtube App is not working for me, nor are most other apps. Amazon Video is working though - but that doesn't seem to go through Panasonic's servers, just like Freetime and Freeview Play.

prezzy

Amazon has just started working for me on my tv took a while for it to get connected but it does seem to be ok - netflix is still borked

PowerShot

Standard Member
It is without a doubt nothing to do with Netflix. I am watching successfully on my laptop, desktop and over my chromecast. The Youtube App is not working for me, nor are most other apps. Amazon Video is working though - but that doesn't seem to go through Panasonic's servers, just like Freetime and Freeview Play.

I confirm this to. I just watch Netflix from Norway on my playstation 4, and no problem. What often happens when server is down, or somehow do not function properly is that services get unstable. Therefore we see some part working, dissapairing or either. That's why it's called unstable.

My conclusion is that it is something to do with the TV and Panasonic Cloud services that is involved in the unstable issue, and not so much Netflix itself. They have bound this services to well together with other apps etc, and it's an unfortunate thing to do when their own servers go down. Then they have to have equal as much staff supporting and watching their services as Netflix or PlayStation Network, so they can fix this as soon as possible so people can watch their well paid services. It not good enough to see at this first thing on Monday morning, because the staff have the weekend off.

One thing is to know about this because they tell you that they have some problem, issue that they work on to get up and go as fast as possible. But Panasonic has not said a word about that their apps is so very bound together with it's own servers, that the tv is almost unusable. In that way we could be preprepared for what could happened. That is not the case here.

But good to hear that someone said this is the first time case for them, because I like the tv, but just not this thing where you cant do nothing with the smart functions.

PowerShot

Standard Member
Amazon has just started working for me on my tv took a while for it to get connected but it does seem to be ok - netflix is still borked

For me, when all is up again, is must be to recalibrate all the settings again. I was so unfortunately that I took a reset of the tv, and got more confused for a while, since the install did not get fully completed because of acceptations of the privacy policy thing at start, and did not get accepted because there where no server contact, only internet error. It's almost like when you are breaked in the middle of an windows installation because you miss the DVD :)

Good thing that I took picture of my settings, so it's easy to set up again.

Last edited:

prezzy

Done two factory resets of the settings today starting to get to know the settings I need real well now! not sure that is a good thing!

mcav

I just recalibrated in advance of things getting back to normal. I have not tried anything again yet, but once I do I will report back.

prezzy

Watching hand of god on amazon and looks great, happy with my tv but won't be happy with Panasonic until I get answers / assurance this wont be happening again anytime soon! not accepteble imo.

TV will be going back if I have many more problems

prezzy

Working fine for me this morning all apps appear to be functioning as normal.

PowerShot

Standard Member
Sunday morning and it's gone down the panny again:0(

Working fine for me this morning all apps appear to be functioning as normal.

Working fine for me to now. I did not try it before now, so I can not say how it was a few hours ago early in the morning, just vivid dreams. But I did miss my regular avatar/picture on my Netflix profile. But for that, all other thing work great, no slowness when pushing buttons for apps either. But did anyone experienced slowness when pushed buttons etc Netflix when Panasonic cloud was down yesterday? Like it took some times before it reacted when pushing Netflix button.

I see that you have playstation prezzy. Do you have ps4?

Ronniesj

Standard Member
Strange, now I get the startscreen from Netflix, but now I get this message:

"could not connect to Netflix. Try again or look at www.netflix.com/help"

What do I do? Kan I deactivate Netflix, and activate it again when I can't even log into Netflix?
All internet works fine.

grompy

Novice Member
I am living in Belgium, have a 55 cx800 E since 3 weeks
I got the same problems yesterday. I could watch Netflix on my OPPO BR and on my apple TV
This morning all te App worked again except for Netflix.
Just gave it another try and now everything is back to normal, also Netflix.
Lets hope it stays this way
Anyway we have learned it has something to do wit the Pana servers. I thought we had a direct connection with Netflix

Grompy

OmegaStalker

Standard Member
I'm still not able to get into Netflix either just comes up with network error connect, some posters up said its working fine anyone else having the same issue as me?

Cx680-virgin wireless

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
My question is why is all this going via Panasonic? None of their business.

Marcobolo

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

I'm in France and can't connect my TV with those network error issues ! Hope panasonic crews will fix it soon !

prezzy

I see that you have playstation prezzy. Do you have ps4?

Yes PS4

My Netflix and internet apps are back to not working again now - same as last night just no response when I select an app to use. Or it asks me to do the network connection again.

Last edited:

mcav

My services are currently working, but I can tell you that they are nowhere near full speed.

It seems like the cat is out of the bag regarding some dodgy Panasonic activity. Why is our internet traffic being funnelled through a Panasonic Server? This needs addressed immediately. I am going to write to Panasonic again and ask for an explanation.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Another reason to have separate smart functions.

Last edited:

motco

Novice Member
Youtube not working here. Like someone earlier I found this by Googling the network error E3502. Obviously something outside our control is wrong and hopefully Panasonic will sort it soon or I shall complaining about 'fit for purpose' under Sale of Goods Act. My TV is only a few weeks old.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand