Network Issue with Panasonic Cloud Services for LCD TV with Firefox OS

mcav

[IMPORTANT ADDITION TO POST]

If you have come to this thread because your Panasonic Viera Firefox OS Smart TV is not connecting, and delivering services like Netflix, Youtube, Amazon etc... then it is very likely nothing to do with your home network, internet connection, nor your TV.

Panasonic route all app based traffic through their own cloud servers. The official reason is to 'ensure a consistent experience'. The real reason is so they can mine user data.

The problem is that when the cloud servers fail (and they do), your access to the content, including paid content is blocked entirely, with your TV telling you to check your connection, your TV confirming that the connection is fine, and round and round you go.

Do not factory restore your TV if you are experiencing issues as described above. Instead make your complaints known to Panasonic. You can find Panasonic on Facebook and Twitter, and of course you can call them. The specific details will depend on your location.

In the UK it is @PanaService_UK for twitter and you can find Panasonic UK on FB here Panasonic UK

You can also call 0344 844 3899 in the UK.

In the mean time, the servers that are going down are as follows (including aliases)

https://mhc-xpana-eu.myhomescreen.tv / 81.93.189.220
https://mhc-xpana-eu.myhomescreen.tv
https://mhc-ajax-eu.myhomescreen.tv
https://mhc-sec-eu.myhomescreen.tv

Please do go through the whole thread to get a full idea of the extent of the problem. I have put this at the top of the thread to make sure people don't need to go through pages of info to figure out what is likely wrong with their TV.

S.

[ORIGINAL POST]

Hi all,

I seem to have encountered a problem with this TV. It is connected via a wired connection (though changing to wireless does not seem to fix this issue). The router has been tested to work just fine, it connects to different devices without issue, both wired and wireless. Checking the Network Status on the TV, it is reporting happily that it is connected to the router and after that, the internet.

The problem is that none of my apps are launching. At all. If I go in through the home button, then to apps, then select an app (say, Netflix), there is literally no response, followed by "Network error occurred". If I select OK it puts me back to where I was. I can go in through "Apps" and select an and (say, Youtube), and I get more of the same, then I get "This App will be available soon".

I have just reset it to "out-of-the-box" settings, losing all my colour adjustments into the bargain, to find that it has not helped at all.

Other apps keep telling me that I need a network connection, bouncing me to the network set up pages. I just tried to launch BBC iPlayer to be given a network error (E3502).

Interestingly, I can get into some apps by way of the freetime and FreeviewPlay apps - for example, BBC iPlayer works that way.

Having got that to work, I have returned to trying Netflix and one again I have got nothing.

I'm now going round in circles and getting nowhere. Does anyone have any help they can offer?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mrobrien

Standard Member
Pretty much exactly the same problem here mate, slightly different model of Panasonic TV

Started happening this afternoon, I thought it might be the Homehub, restart didn't fix it either. Is your broadband BT?

Bit much of a co-incidence for it to be hardware failure so something has gone wrong somewhere, hopefully someone will fix it!

mcav

Yes, I have BT broadband. I am just going to check something really important regarding my Hub which is smart setup.

Just checked and that is definitely off. If I were to guess, it looks like a Panasonic "back end" issue. Which means I factory reset my TV for no reason at all.

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I get any results.

I have just tested every one of my other devices and they are all working fine. That includes to wireless laptop,s a wired desktop, a chromecast and a couple of mobile phone. All connecting lightning quick.

mrobrien

Standard Member
I tried the smart setup thing as well as a last resort, no difference!

I've done same as you, although a couple of my Apps work intermittently, not the iPlayer

PowerShot

Standard Member
I have also a new Panasonic with Firefox OS, but model TX-55CXC725. It's same as XC700 model. I just noticed this to. Network error. You cant enter anything. My nett is also running just fine, tv says it's fine. I use wired connections. But when I go to apps marked, netflix or other apps it says network error. Youtube worked fine, so there is connections. I tryed to restore the tv, but could not even validate the privacy condition you are meet with under the reset of the tv. It look like it's somehow offline, not connected to Panasonic services. If they are down then all the tv is down when it comes to apps.

Is this lcd tv bound to if Panasonic cloud is online and working? If it is, it's a bad idea! This is the second time this happens. Last time I just went to playstation 4 and watched Netflix from there. So there is no wrong with internet connection or Netflix, or cables that is not working, or loose. Everything is checked out. This is not just about Netflix, but many services on the tv as Viaplay.

Strange that youtube worked? But the tv seams somehow slow when trying to interact with apps. Normal it's fast.

mcav

Could you do me a favour and try your freetime and freeview play apps and see what you get?

I have just tried to cast youtube to the TV for it to tell me "This app will be available soon". It looks like it is a Panasonic balls up. I'll reply back with any updates.

prezzy

Same here as well - done a factory reset and still not working must be something at Panasonics end.

Last edited:

mcav

Yes, it is looking highly likely that the problem is with Panasonic's servers.

...and I've now got to re-do ALL my picture settings.

Quite honestly, I think that I'll turn away from Panasonic's smart service now I have learned that it pushes all my content through its own back end.

Either way, I'll still post with updates.

PowerShot

Standard Member
seems a bad idea to run off to a Panasonic server every time someone wants to run an App!

Yea, it means we are completely price tagged by Panasonic cloud services stability, even if we don't use it. If cloud service is down, the Tv don't work. Like Netflix is direct streaming, and no cloud storage as I know about.

But even if there is an issue with that, there is no message or nothing so we would know about it, Just an error that you don't have internet connection and cant run any apps. But when you go to internet connection for the Tv, it's look just fine in the settings with connection an all.

If this is the case, I will also turn away from Panasonic, even if I am very satisfied with the picture on this tv. But I will do the next best at this price tagg and go for Sony.

mcav

That's not impossible, but it wouldn't explain why you can get BBC iPlayer to work through the Freetime app.

It is noteworthy that the freetime app might bypass the Panasonic cloud network. If you could test yours, and you can replicate the success of launching iplayer from freetime, that would add credence to that theory.

Handymum

Novice Member
Ditto just googled Error E3502 and saw this thread,my TV started playing up around 18:00 YouTube was wanting to cause problems but pushed it through using my mobile phone. Thankfully YouTube, Firefox and the search engine is running but all other apps do nothing do we call Panasonic up or is it just going to be a waste of a phone call?
Thank you
PS I'm with TalkTalk

prezzy

Am on BT here as well not sure if that is the issue.

PowerShot

Standard Member
Unless we've all got BT routers and some specific issue in BT?

If it was the router, then why would all other devices run fine, mobile, playstation, computer. I have Asus RT-AC3200, new best router. I even tried another router, the same problem.

I tried the youtube apps, that worked...

I am from Norway...

mcav

I have also a new Panasonic with Firefox OS, but model TX-55CXC725. It's same as XC700 model. I just noticed this to. Network error. You cant enter anything. My nett is also running just fine, tv says it's fine. I use wired connections. But when I go to apps marked, netflix or other apps it says network error. Youtube worked fine, so there is connections. I tryed to restore the tv, but could not even validate the privacy condition you are meet with under the reset of the tv. It look like it's somehow offline, not connected to Panasonic services. If they are down then all the tv is down when it comes to apps.

Is this lcd tv bound to if Panasonic cloud is online and working? If it is, it's a bad idea! This is the second time this happens. Last time I just went to playstation 4 and watched Netflix from there. So there is no wrong with internet connection or Netflix, or cables that is not working, or loose. Everything is checked out. This is not just about Netflix, but many services on the tv as Viaplay.

Strange that youtube worked? But the tv seams somehow slow when trying to interact with apps. Normal it's fast.

Just out of interest, who is your internet provider?

Never mind :)

PowerShot

Standard Member
Just out of interest, who is your internet provider?

Never mind :)

Norway. My provider is GET.NO. And everything works fine, just not Panasonic apps. I experienced this same thing a few days ago, and then just went to Playstation 4 and watched Netflix. Yesterday it worked fine on the the tv. Today I did a reset because the problems whent back, then I could not even accept this terms and privacy deal at the start of the reset.

Last edited:

mcav

I can test if it is a BT issue, give me a second.

I am currently connecting my TV to my 3 mobile network.

Just trying Netflix... Black screen then nothing.
YouTube... No response
iPlayer.... no response
iPlayer again - connecting... then Network error.

Final test.

Freetime by freesat - App opened. iPlayer - opened. Selecting a programme - Opened.

This is entirely the same performance as through my home hub.

I can confirm it is not BT.

mrobrien

Standard Member
I try multiple times and just get the no network message, finally it gave me the terms to agree to the cloud policy then network error again.

Going round in a circle!

Im on Virgin Media, hardwired connection.

Same problem - nothing, then black screen, then network error occurred.

55-CX680

It did ask me to confirm my network connection a coupe of times but nothing else.

PowerShot

Standard Member
I try multiple times and just get the no network message, finally it gave me the terms to agree to the cloud policy then network error again.

Going round in a circle!

That was what I did at start of the reset, and already there you have the problem, before any apps. So it could be that Panasonic have locked all the apps to their servers. If they are out, you will no be able to connect to anything.

I hope this is not the case. We have different model, but same OS and connectivity to Panasonic, and we are in a completely different country.

mcav

The odds of our sets all crapping out on the same day and in the same way is astronomically small.

I have also noticed that my panasonic home cloud is not signed in. Currently trying to sign in to it, but not having any success.

mcav

UPDATE: I have successfully signed into my panasonic account. Apps still not working.

Sorry for being a bit spammy - Just hoping this might help you all.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Triangle announces new wireless Borea Active bookshelf speakers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Arc earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
iFi Audio launches new Go bar portable DAC/headphone amp