Network Help Multiple items

brad

Im having problems with my Belkin wireless G dsl router dropping it's connection all the time :suicide::suicide: So first any recommendations as to a replacement below is what I need to do if possible.

Here is what I need to happen .

Cable modem > wireless router ( with 4 port switch) suggestions??:D

I have a Freecom Network MediaPlayer-350 WLAN 400 GB which I would like to use to store music & video's on. I would like to be able to pull the music files etc of the Freecom with my PS3 & Onkyo 905 as well as store files wireless from my laptop.

Which is the best way of doing all this:rolleyes::rolleyes:

At the minute I have PS3, Onkyo 905 & Freecom media player connected to the belkin wireless router with straight patch lead is this correct?

So far I can pull music from my laptop on the Onkyo 905 which is connected to the belkin router but not find anything on the Freecom media player connected the same way.

Help:D:D

TIA

Brad

silas184

Well I've just done a fair bit of research in looking into my next wlan router and have just ordered the Dlink DIR-655 on PCPro A List.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/122211/dlink-rangebooster-n-650-dir655.html

Mainly because it has four gigabyte ethernet ports and seems to have had more good reviews than any other around. People may think its a bit pricey at about £100 but as my last draytek router (2200E) "b" router has seen off about four or five different pcs, I believe in getting the best around at the time and then keeping it for a bit.

Have no experience of the other kit you mention, but first things first, are the IP addresses set up correctly. Can you ping the Freecom from the others?

brad

Well I've just done a fair bit of research in looking into my next wlan router and have just ordered the Dlink DIR-655 on PCPro A List.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/122211/dlink-rangebooster-n-650-dir655.html

Mainly because it has four gigabyte ethernet ports and seems to have had more good reviews than any other around. People may think its a bit pricey at about £100 but as my last draytek router (2200E) "b" router has seen off about four or five different pcs, I believe in getting the best around at the time and then keeping it for a bit.

Have no experience of the other kit you mention, but first things first, are the IP addresses set up correctly. Can you ping the Freecom from the others?

Just ordered one from Pimania £93 inc next day delivery. Will start from scratch with everything and see how it goes:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom