Bargain Expired Network Bonkers Sale

Thanks Brian.

Just out of interest, would you mind posting in the Department S Thread with an update comparing the two formats?

I know I've already made my decision, but I don't think there is any direct comparison between DVD and Blu posted on this site? Or maybe there is and I'm just incompetent at using the Search facility! It might help other people who may be interested.

Thanks!

I tend not to comment much on pic quality because of my eyesight problems. I find blu usually works a lot better for me but in ways that would be different for you or other AVF members. I don't know of anyone else who has exactly the same issues that I have. I'll try to remember to do a rough comparison but don't expect a detailed review.

Bri

And The Worker with Charlie Drake and Henry McGee. I loved it as a kid but I doubt if it'd work now. I saw Henry in a play once and he was brilliant.

Bri
Just seen this and though you and others may like to watch it.

There's a couple of tv shows I'm interested in but I reckon I've bought a total of over 300 tv episodes since their previous sale. Hillsborough is worth getting. A very powerful drama.

Bri

HD21 [2xBD] £5.00 now; so together with the book and the other Supermarionation 2xBD that's almost the full contents of the £77.80 deluxe set available separately for a snip of the price!
Supermarionation

VOLUME ONE:
SUPERCAR: Crash Landing
FIREBALL XL5: Planet 46
STINGRAY: Plant of Doom
STINGRAY: Titan Goes Pop
THUNDERBIRDS: Trapped in the Sky
CAPTAIN SCARLET: Treble Cross
JOE 90: The Most Special Agent

VOLUME TWO:
SUPERCAR: Talisman of Sargon
FIREBALL XL5: XL5 to H2O
STINGRAY: Count Down
THUNDERBIRDS: Atlantic Inferno
CAPTAIN SCARLET: Winged Assassin
CAPTAIN SCARLET: Noose of Ice
THE SECRET SERVICE: A Case for the Bishop

HD21 [2xBD] £5.00 now; so together with the book and the other Supermarionation 2xBD that's almost the full contents of the £77.80 deluxe set available separately for a snip of the price!
Supermarionation

VOLUME ONE:
SUPERCAR: Crash Landing
FIREBALL XL5: Planet 46
STINGRAY: Plant of Doom
STINGRAY: Titan Goes Pop
THUNDERBIRDS: Trapped in the Sky
CAPTAIN SCARLET: Treble Cross
JOE 90: The Most Special Agent

VOLUME TWO:
SUPERCAR: Talisman of Sargon
FIREBALL XL5: XL5 to H2O
STINGRAY: Count Down
THUNDERBIRDS: Atlantic Inferno
CAPTAIN SCARLET: Winged Assassin
CAPTAIN SCARLET: Noose of Ice
THE SECRET SERVICE: A Case for the Bishop

I don't get this.

It's not listed under their Blu-Ray section and the "Bonkers" header has disappeared from the Home page.

How did you manage to find this, Sarah?

I heard about some deals first on Roobarbs before looking for more myself.

** QUIDCO FLASH BONUS **

Quidco has a £2.50 flash bonus with just £2.50 minimum spend tonight. Great deal if you fancy a bargain from Zoom; however I recommend spending at least £3.00 because purchases track based on the ex-VAT price. Bonus must be pre-activated. T&Cs apply. Hurry - ends midnight today!

Quidco - Sign In

So looks like "Bonkers" is officially back again till the 8th October this time.

Moulin Rouge (1929) BD is £2. I had already gone for it on Amazon at £2.99. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

Quite a few film DVDs at £2 added that I need to look through now, but I have sales fatigue, and my shelving is feeling stress.

Last edited:
So looks like "Bonkers" is officially back again till the 8th October this time.

Moulin Rouge (1929) BD is £2. I had already gone for it on Amazon at £2.99. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

Quite a few film DVDs at £2 added that I need to look through now, but I have sales fatigue, and my shelving is feeling stress.

The funny thing is that I don't see The Neverending Story.

:D
Bri

Well after the previous post I got an update to say that its out for delivery by the Royal Mail today. The Royal Mail has just been but there's no Department S.

Bri

Well after the previous post I got an update to say that its out for delivery by the Royal Mail today. The Royal Mail has just been but there's no Department S.

Bri
Sounds like a mystery for Departments S to solve :rolleyes:

It has a bit of a crack in the cover.

20180922_132050.jpg

It's not a huge one but I'm thinking I should get it replaced. I don't think ive had to do this with Amazon before.

Bri

Haven't had anything that terrible on my Amazon-Network orders, but they don't always look as pristine as orders I've had direct from Network. Amazon clearly don't pack as well, or they use different storage.

What do you think of the middle discs placeholder in the Department S case? Mine arrived a week ago now, and I was not impressed with how it rattles about on its hinge, with no way of securing its rotating movement. It ends up resting on the bottom/right-end disc.

I would get it replaced mate, you paid for a product and should get an undamaged one

Yes I've gone through the replacement process but it is a faff as you can't return via a normal post office. It has to be a depot which isn't handy at all. The other option is to have it picked up on the next working day so I guess that'll be Monday. My wife has time off work. She'll kill me if we have to stay in all day.

Bri

Haven't had anything that terrible on my Amazon-Network orders, but they don't always look as pristine as orders I've had direct from Network. Amazon clearly don't pack as well, or they use different storage.

What do you think of the middle discs placeholder in the Department S set case? Mine arrived a week ago now, and I was not impressed with how it rattles about unsecured.

I haven't looked at that properly yet but I was aware of the rattling and not too impressed.

Bri

Are you any closer to actually getting your set Derek? Mine was supposed to have been here by today at the latest but it was only despatched yesterday afternoon.

Bri

Mine arrived at 12:50 via a courier.

No cracks on the case and discs are all fine.

I'm not as fussed about packaging, I'm more concerned about the condition of the discs, but I can understand if you're not happy.

I was under the impression that Amazon send you a replacement BEFORE you have to send yours back, and that you have the option of the same courier that delivers also providing pick up? Or maybe that would be too easy and it's much more efficient to have one courier for delivery and another for pick up!

Mine arrived at 12:50 via a courier.

No cracks on the case and discs are all fine.

I'm not as fussed about packaging, I'm more concerned about the condition of the discs, but I can understand if you're not happy.

I was under the impression that Amazon send you a replacement BEFORE you have to send yours back, and that you have the option of the same courier that delivers also providing pick up? Or maybe that would be too easy and it's much more efficient to have one courier for delivery and another for pick up!

They say I should send it back before 22/10/18 and the estimated date of arrival for the replacement was 15/10/18.

Bri

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom