Network Blocked - Able to sell?

rickinyorkshire

Distinguished Member
Hello,

I sent off a mobile to mobilephoneexchange where they had quoted £52 for it. But I have just received an email from them saying they cannot buy this as it has been network locked!.

Is this phone useless now then? I thought you would be able to unlock it somehow?

The reason it's blocked is that my g/f found the phone before xmas on a bus and the owner must have called there provider as lost/stolen I presume.

Shall I just throw the phone out or can i get it unlocked somehow and then try and sell again?

RobM

Distinguished Member
You could advertise it on eBay as a network blocked handset, as the block only applies to UK networks. US and Europe buyers will snap it up. You'll also find people bidding for the spare parts.

Just make sure you don't do as you did above in your description, and refer to it as a network locked handset. If it's blocked, refer to it as blocked to save any comeback later on down the line.

The only methods of un-blocking it are illegal and wont be discussed here.

rickinyorkshire

Distinguished Member
Thanks, looking on link it says the same as you.

I will probably try and sell it on ebay as 'network blocked' and see if there any takers.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom