network adaptor

concalmum

Standard Member
hi, can anyone suggest a site where I can get a network adaptor from for my son's xbox. cheapest please and is it just a case of plugging in and searching for our wifi signal and entering the password. thanks in advance. :D

Caveman643

The official wireless adapter is about £45 on Amazon. As you say just search for your network and input the security code and away you go. You may be able to get a cheaper 2nd hand one off the likes of eBay. Plus there are alternatives like ethernet cables and home plugs. I use the wireless adapter and it works really well.

bonchai

Standard Member
There's apparantely the wireless n version coming out early November if you wanted to hold back. No doubt the current wireless adapter will drop in price.

TheFantabulator

hi, can anyone suggest a site where I can get a network adaptor from for my son's xbox. cheapest please and is it just a case of plugging in and searching for our wifi signal and entering the password. thanks in advance. :D

Hi there,

You could search Google Shopping which will get you a lot of results. I found the adaptor for around £38 at coolshop.co.uk.

Personally, I'd avoid buying anything like this brand new or secondhand off ebay. Ebay's brand new prices are totally overpriced and there's a risk off getting duff kit if you buy second-hand.

AudioSlim

Get yourself a set of home plugs. Far far better.
Will work on virtually any wiring setup.

If you want to stream HD quality video from another PC you'll need the faster ones (think mine are 125mbs) otherwise the basic set will do.

Slim

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom