Netstreams wireless tablet PC suggestions

dj-dulux

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Any recommendations for a robust and reliable tablet PCs for a couple of netstreams job I am doing. Or is the Samsung one still in flavour?

Cheers,

Dupe...

Q1s have got cheaper, and have you tried them with the virtual control software instead of a browser window? Nokia N800 is cheap, the list is now pretty endless. Rumour has it the Pronto 9600 might be capable soon, combining Digilinx and IR/RF/RS232, as can RTI now. The big RTI is a bit pricey, but does it all already.

I really hope the Philips code is available soon, I love this remote. Just got back from a cinema I did middle last year with one, adding PS3 to it. Its kids game room and the remote looks terrible, dents, huge scratches, sticky, scores across screen and it still functions 100%, never tripped up, no call outs! Massively reliable in my view, much better than tablets PCs. Was chatting to one of the kids and after looking at the projector run time the rooms been used an average of 2.5hrs / day, they love it. Its good when people appreciate your work!

Dupe...

Not sure if the new EEE from Asus is flash compatible but it is certainly Wifi and with a 7 second start time (roughly) it might be a good option for £200!

That's the 7" linux lappy? I had an email about that. It's ugly and cheap to look at, too, but would do the job. The advantage of the Q1 is that it does not look out of place in a digilinx house, and N800s are kinda cute too. Sadly the iPhone does not run flash, otherwise.... One day perhaps?

I have noticed the N800 has been repalced by the N810 recently and there are some interwsting new tablets about that may be a good half way point between the Q1 and the N800

http://www.expansys.com/zoompic.aspx?type=item&i=149211 looks interesting especially as expansys are generally over priced, only thing is I am not 100% if it is touch screen or not

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom