NetGem & Sound delay

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by bazza, Jul 4, 2003.

1. bazza

bazza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

First I'd like to say thanks for the info on here to start with. As a result I went and got a NetGem digi box and can now experience the joys of Freeview!

I do have a slight technical hitch which I hope someone could help with.

Currently I have my aeriel going into the NegGem,

Then out of the NetGem:
    a SCART connecting to the TV EXT 1 (as you look at the back of NetGem it's out of the SCART onthe left)
    a SCART connecting to the VCR EXT1 (as you look at the back of NetGem it's out of the SCART onthe right),
    and the aeriel to TV.

I also have a DVD player direct to the TV's EXT 2 SCART, and a GameCube connected to the VCR EXT 2 SCART.

The problem comes when I play a video. When I stop and it goes back to the Freeview the sound is delayed. I have also managed to record with delayed sound.

Even when I change channels on the NetGem it is still delayed, but when I turn the VCR off and then change channels it seems to right itself.

I did have the aeriel going to the VCR before the TV, but this made no difference. Niether did putting the SCART from VCR to TV.

Any ideas?

2. Tenex

Tenex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    I had an email from Netgem last week saying this is a known bug that will be fixed in the next s/w upgrade.

3. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    Bazza, I've just got a NetGem i-player yesterday and after testing the various connections, I have noticed the same problem with the sound delay - a bit annoying but easily got around by switching the digi-box off then back on again, upon which it does right itself. Found this out just in time to record the Smallville double bill on Ch4. :D

Nice to know that NetGem are onto this and it will be fixed with the next upgrade. Besides this, it appears to be a lovely bit of kit.

4. bazza

bazza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies, I'm glad it's not just me and my cabels- I'm not a big fan of cables, they always mangage to tie themselves in knots.

5. Tenex

Tenex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    All STBs are going to have issues of one sort or another - I just think the Netgem is far more than an STB - the connectivity they've designed into the box is great.

Now if only they'd build it into a Pace Twin type PVR .... ;)