1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netgem i-Player - tell me more

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by PhilipVass, Dec 9, 2003.

1. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So what's this box like...is it anything like the dodgy Bush internet tv adapters a few years ago?

It looks very good, well the interactive side of it..much more like Sky just wondering if it will be compatible with AOL BROADBAND and will i need to pay extra to use it, is it a one off cost?

just seen the menus on this website..

http://www.dtg.org.uk/cgi-bin/www.dtg.org.....html+Receivers

2. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent box, the only downsidea are that

i) it's quite expensive
    ii) it can't view every site (what can you expect for £120 though)

Very fast through interactive and will almost dfinatly have 7 day epg support, although there is supposed to be a new box coming out soon (although a new one was mentioned for september this year).

AOL will probably be a problem as usual due to propietry software (could work though), why are you using AOL though? Do you use ADSL or cable?

Rich

3. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you get free access internet if you have broadband?

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Philip, you don't pay any more for internet if you already have broadband, but it can only access it via an ethernet connection, ie your home network. No knowledge of aol broadband, I take it you've got a BT type 'stingray' modem? If so, you'll need to upgrade to a adsl modem/router, and connect via this, with a USB to ethernet adapter from the list on netgem's website. It does exactly what it says on the tin, there are some restrictions on flash, and streaming media, but it's not too bad.

5. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The netgem has a usb connector but no ethernet, you'll need an ethernet to usb adapter dixons do one quite cheaply IIRC.

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    That's what I said, but the cheap Dixons one won't work unless it's on the list on Netgem's website.