Netgem i-player on special at Makro again

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by AOD, Jun 5, 2004.

1. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    According to the latest Makro mail, the Netgem i-Player Freeview box will be on special again from the 9th June @ Makro stores.

I believe that the price will be £40 + VAT (including a keyboard) which is an amazing price.

The best feature of this box (from an AV perspective) is its ability to output Component video. It also has an optical audio output as well.

2. std27

std27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really want this receiver but have no access to a Makro card !! Anyone around manchester area willing to pick up an extra one ?

Thankssss!!

3. cliocarl

cliocarl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Are you sure? Only doesnt say anything on Netgem website

4. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Yes it does do component. I would be wary if you want it to connect to broadband. Mine constantly crashes. It constantly loses the connection when it has been in standby. I have to unplug the belkin adaptor and even then it does does not always recognise it. I often have to power it down completely. As this was the main reason for buying it I must admit to being very dissapointed

Darren

5. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hmm, not the most stable box is it? Though things have been a lot better for me since the last upgrade. That's whilst viewing TV, anyway; on-line use is still another matter and it would seem, dependent on the Web site being viewed (perhaps there's too much data with some?).

Thankfully, the e-mail and browsing is but an occasional thing; though I continue to hold some disdain for the pitiful gaps between software update releases...

Oh, I've been somewhat fortunate of late with the broadband through USB, too! :eek: Perhaps the Belkin adapter and Netgem are becoming friends...? Hey, I don't know, but it sure beats those crashes and frequent replacement of the Belkin's cable!

The odd thing is that after all of its, er, quirks, I'm still using the Netgem!

Oh. I've gotta go now. Men in white coats, y'see... :laugh:

<runs back>

Just to back Darren up, component output is possible. And forty quid (+VAT) has to be a good thing... if you can forgive the 'quirks' ('normal' things like timer recording of s-video still don't work :rolleyes: ).

6. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    That's because it's a Makro promotion, not a Netgem promotion. Makro send out a regular newsletter to customers to tell them what the upcoming special offers are.

Check out the prices on the high street/onlinr, most of them are the wrong side of £100 with the exception of the BT branded version.

Mine also was a bit picky at first with the broadband adaptor, then it seemed to settle down.

It's not rock solid, but for the money (and the additional features) it's pretty decent.

7. cliocarl

cliocarl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I was just asking about the component output as I knew it was that price as I am makro card holder :D