1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netgear Wireless Problem

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Bryce Curdy, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Bryce Curdy

Bryce Curdy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help!

Set up a home network using Netgear Router DG834GT and USB Adapter WG111 to use my laptop wirelessly. Fairly straightforward and working reasonably well. Xbox live works hardwired. ISP is AOL (I know they suck).

Bought the WGE111 Game Adapter to make my Xbox wireless. I cannot configure this item! The wizard on the CD that comes with it does not recognise the adapter, and any changes I make to the configuration using Internet Explorer are not accepted! And before anyone asks, I have the adapter hardwired (tried two different cables) to my laptop while trying to configure.

Anyone else tried this kit? Anyone got any ideas what is wrong? Netgear technical support think the adapter may be faulty. Would another manufacturer's adapter work well with a Netgear router, and if so what's good?

Many thanks.

2. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its not neccessarily the cause of your problem but mixing brands for wifi kit is problematic. Both the Belkin and Netgear wifi network cards I bought for my PC were not completely compatible with my BT wifi modem/router. The Belkin only worked intermitantly and the Netgear could not decypher the WEP encryption. Since I've bought a BT card I haven't had any problems (though my new wifi HP printer has been a bugger to set up!)