Netgear ReadyNAS Duo owners

Kristian

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Afternoon,

For those of you who have a ReadyNas Duo unit, could you please answer me a few of questions? I do realise that it will depend a bit on the disks used.

How loud are they? I have used a SNAP 2200 NAS before and the noise of the fan and the two disks is such that it is disturbing even when it is sat in a cupboard with the doors closed.

What's the energy use like? Does it kick out much heat?

And a question for everyone; any thoughts on whether there will be another offer after the current free 500GB drive one finishes this month (30th June)? I know the price has dropped recently so maybe not...

Cheers,

Kris.

Fan only runs audibly on start up, after that I wouldn't even know it's on, haven't measured energy use and doesn't run particularly hot. Installed with 2x 1TB drives.

Fan only runs audibly on start up, after that I wouldn't even know it's on, haven't measured energy use and doesn't run particularly hot. Installed with 2x 1TB drives.
Ditto with 2 x 500Gb Seagate drives.

I have a 4 bay NV+ readyNAS, as above, the fans kick in on full whilst it boots...then you cant hear them - mine is on the desk, my PC below, and the PC is louder

Theres nearly always an offer on somewhere, either for a free drive, or buy one get one free type deals - you seen the one in the streamin forums - £150 ish I think

I have a 4 bay NV+ readyNAS, as above, the fans kick in on full whilst it boots...then you cant hear them - mine is on the desk, my PC below, and the PC is louder

Theres nearly always an offer on somewhere, either for a free drive, or buy one get one free type deals - you seen the one in the streamin forums - £150 ish I think

Cheers Mark. I couldn't find the one on the streaming forums though.

How you doing anyway? You got rid of the stick yet? I'll be driving past your place again on Monday...

the quietest readynas at the mo is the pro pioneer six bay then the nvx then the nv+ and then the duo. The duo is only slightly noisy due to a smaller fan spinning faster than the other units.

Just FYI,

there has been price drops on the duo and nv+ just recently.

does this take 2.5" or 3.5" drives?

thanks, any recommendations for a drive? I'm thinking Western Digital or Samsung...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom