NETGEAR RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter WNDA3100 will it work with xbox

alantom

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi just bought my daughter a box , i dont have a clue how to set up xbox with Internet will a NETGEAR RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter WNDA3100 work ? i currently use it with my internet tv and it works fine

thanks

No it won't, but if you have the newest 360S it has built in wireless, you just need to go into the Network Settings section of System Settings.
hi yes it is the 360s will give it a try

thanks very much for your help

Last edited:
I've just looked at what I think you've bought, and need you to clarify that you have purchased a wireless dongle, the sort that would be plugged into a laptop to enable wireless communication with a wireless router? If this is indeed the case, then the answer is no, it will not work with any type of xbox. If your xbox is the older (phat) model, then you need to use either a standard Microsoft wireless adapter (white in colour, has 1 antenna, and will only work on 802.11 b/g routers) OR the 802.11 n model which is black in colour, has 2 antennae, and will work with 802.11 b/g/n routers - 'n' is the latest wireless protocol, and allows much greater range between a wireless router and its dependants (laptops/ phones/ xbox/ etc...)
Also, as mattclarkie said, if you have the newer xbox (slim), then it will connect directly to your wireless router.

I've just looked at what I think you've bought, and need you to clarify that you have purchased a wireless dongle, the sort that would be plugged into a laptop to enable wireless communication with a wireless router? If this is indeed the case, then the answer is no, it will not work with any type of xbox. If your xbox is the older (phat) model, then you need to use either a standard Microsoft wireless adapter (white in colour, has 1 antenna, and will only work on 802.11 b/g routers) OR the 802.11 n model which is black in colour, has 2 antennae, and will work with 802.11 b/g/n routers - 'n' is the latest wireless protocol, and allows much greater range between a wireless router and its dependants (laptops/ phones/ xbox/ etc...)
Also, as mattclarkie said, if you have the newer xbox (slim), then it will connect directly to your wireless router.
hi jsut checked it is the a 360s
will give it a try

thanks very much

hi just been intouch with linksys and my router is now all set up but xbox 360 slim still wont work

any ideas please

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom