1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netgear MP101 feedback to iTunes database?

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by Jedfordski, Sep 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jedfordski

Jedfordski
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I've set up some playlists in iTunes that select songs that have not been played in the 30 days. This is updated live so that when one of the songs is played then it then gets removed and another added (as obviously it has now been played within the last 30 days). I assume this works while playing iTunes on the PC. However, it doesn't work when using the playlist through my Netgear MP101 using Twonky as the provider. Am I right in thinking that the information about the song being played is not getting back into the iTunes database? If this is the case then is there any way around this?

2. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    You can't really expect Apple stuff to work with non Apple products, Apple aint big with intercompatibility you know. I doubt there would be a work around for you sorry.

3. andrew1810

andrew1810

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    As far as I am aware, there is no way of doing this on the MP101 as it doesn't access itunes at all (thats why twonkyvision can run with itunes closed).

Itunes merely provides a list of mp3 files and their locations for twonkyvision to use.

4. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,105
    You could try asking Twonky at http://www.media-servers.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7 or their own forums http://www.twonkyvision.com/forum/
    Twonky reads the iTunes XML file - if the play count can be incremented then it may be possible - but you will need iTunes to open and update the playlist periodically but as it can do this with an iPod that may not be a problem.
    Personnally I set Shuffle on the all tracks menu item and just hit 'next' if I don't want to hear a track :)