Netgear DG834Gv3 problem!

TheShoe

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm having trouble connecting to my Netgear DG834Gv3 wireless router for Xbox LIVE. I'm using the new-ish(?) Xbox 360 slim with the built-in wireless connection.

I've gone to "configure network" and my network appears as "NETGEAR no security" with the bars next to it all green. Upon selecting it, I try "test Xbox LIVE connection" and it fails instantly, telling me there's a problem with my connection but not what it is, just that it "can't connect"! I have gone to my router's settings and enabled UPnP. I have added under services, Xbox (TCP/UDP) under port 3074, and XBOX UDP (UDP) under port 88. Under firewall settings I have added both services under inbound, with the action to always allow, but I'm not sure if my LAN server IP address is right. I put 192.168.0.2. Where do I find the right IP to put in there? WAN users is set to "Any" and logs to "Never" on both also.

Thanks very much :thumbsup:

Fixed it! Just had to add my Xbox's internal wireless MAC address under the Wireless Station Access List under Wireless Settings :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom