Netgear DG834GT

AndrewP84

Hi All,

I think I think I have finally settled for the DG834GT and I am just wondering if anyone here has it I have read some very bad reviews on amazon but some also good reviews. Does anyone here have it and if so is it worth paying the bit less dosh as opposed to getting the more pricey PN which I think looks a bit gimmicky anyway.

http://www.netgear.co.uk/extra/h_wirelessrouter_dg834gt.php

Opinions would be appreciated :).

Cheers All

RJay

I have had this unit for about a year now, never had a single prob with it .
My pc and xb360 are currently connected to it wireless and its been faultless.
:thumbsup:

ShadowmanUK

Novice Member
Just the G not the GT

Tho I dont even use that anymore, it didnt like me upgrading to 8mb DSL too much, so I use a Belkin now, it not right pretty but its stable :)

Chris05

Novice Member
I have this model and it works flawlessly on live. Best thing I have ever used for ADSL. It has not dropped the signal for over 1000 hours now.

At present it is connected via the ethernet hub, I have a 360 Wireless adaptor ordered. Hopefully that wont cause any probs.

AndrewP84

So you would say its a better choice than the PN?

It certainly looks better IMO, the only thing I am worried about is if I am using my 360 downstairs with the MS Wireless Adaptor is it likely to peform reasonably well?

Thanks

AndrewP84

Heh, I am still deciding out of that and possibly the Belkin F5D8630

http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=F5D8630

The only thing what is worrying me with the Netgear is the potential lack of range especially if using laptops from downstairs which would be connecting to the router upstairs and wouldent know what the signal strength is going to be like.

I was more or less decided on the PN a couple of weeks ago but may just go for the DG834GT.

For people who have it what is the range like? :)

Thanks

theGman

Standard Member
I have the DG834G and wireless range is not a problem. I use wireless for my laptop in my front room and my router is about 30 feet away in another room, my house walls are solid, house is about 100 years old and reception is not a problem. I also use my laptop outside in my garden which is further again. I have 2 ethernet connections which I use for xbox 360 live and for streaming HD to my LCD via a media centre. So all in I recommend the DG834G. Good luck.:clap:

ShadowmanUK

Novice Member
Wireless range is different for different people in different houses. Even if someone told you the Belkin X/Y/Z had amazing range, it could still be poor for you in your setup. Just plump for one... I would :)

AndrewP84

Decided going to go for the DG834GT thanks everyone for the help and advice :).

gingerjedi

Novice Member
I have the DG834GT and it does work fine but I have a cat5 cable running upstairs as I found the signal was too weak for the 360 adapter. As someone said before different houses seem to have different ranges, its probably where my router is (on a desk in the top corner of the house) that causes the problem, the laptop has a weak connectoin anywhere but upstairs.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom