Netgear dg834gt in modem mode (works?)

CheekyKid

Novice Member
I have been unable to make my Netgear dg834gt work with my d-link 855 N router. I am desperate for some help!. My ISP is BeThere.

I use the Netgear along with V1.02.16 - DGTeam Rev. 0848 and I have enabled "Modem mode" but i can't get the internet pass through my d-link router.

I have followed this article http://vpncasestudy.com/download/DG/DG834_Tips100.pdf to no avail. The router doesn't pick up the modems IP, it would seem. I connect dg834gt from "lan port 1" to d-link "internet port".
DHCP server is enabled from the router but it won't get the IP from the modem.
My IP is static and I've also added it manually in the router but still it doesn't work. I can connect to the router but internet isn't going through it.

Any idea or guide on how to make this combination work? I am trying to use the wireless capabilities of my router. I want to use thed-link 855 for everything bar modem/exchange connection.

Last edited:

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Can I ask why you want to use both? Why not just use the DG834GT on it's own, for modem and wired/wifi router? And why don't you want to use the D-Link as a modem?

CheekyKid

Novice Member
D-link has no built in modem. I want to use the d-link because it has superior wireless capabilities. The DG only offers b/g.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
I see. You know the DG only has 10/100 LAN on it right? So you won't be getting full N wifi speed from the D-Link (other than network copy of course)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom