Netgear D6300 Vs Vodafone Thg3000

Ayrton

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've been pretty satisfied with my Vodafone router but having converted the garage into an office, the WiFi, whilst present, is a bit flaky due to the distance and number of walls. This is where I get an old router to run dd-wrt and set it up as a wireless bridge.

However when purchasing off eBay, having had a few shandies, I wasn't paying enough attention to the model numbers and finished up buying a modem/router which is no good for dd-wrt. Or any kind of repeating that isn't wired. (Don't judge me, I've already judged myself 😁)

I could relist it on eBay and get most or all of the money back, I've already sourced and bought the right one this time. However I'm just wondering whether it is an upgrade on my ISP provided modem/router. Yes, the Netgear is long in the tooth, but would have been alright in its day. Which one would be better now? If it's better I'll go double-Netgear and bin the Vodafone.

The Netgear D6300 - despite being older - will be far better than Vodafone's router. I have an older Netgear R6300v2 and it blows away BT's latest and greatest router for wifi range and speeds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom