Netflix's You Season 2 Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks cas. Enjoyed the first one so will definitely watch this at some point!

Got two episodes left to finish off but it's more or less the same as season 1 but becomes quite predictable as we know Joe Goldberg quite well now.

Hannibal-lite? Surely this is more analogous to Dexter-lite? (The show even references Dexter as an Easter egg in episode 4 or 5). Enjoying the second season so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Netflix says it’s presented in Dolby Vision but it isn’t ... what a bummer! :zonked:

Netflix says it’s presented in Dolby Vision but it isn’t ... what a bummer! :zonked:

It is. Watched some on my B6 app and ATV and both are in DV.

Got 2 episodes left and we are enjoying it as much as season 1 so far.

It is. Watched some on my B6 app and ATV and both are in DV.

Got 2 episodes left and we are enjoying it as much as season 1 so far.
Really strange, I just had another look and the app in my C8 is showing the second series in Dolby Vision but not the first? :thumbsdow

Really strange, I just had another look and the app in my C8 is showing the second series in Dolby Vision but not the first? :thumbsdow

Netflix only bought it after the first season. So they had international distribution rights for the first but it didn’t become a Netflix Original until the second season, where it got the Netflix 4K DV treatment.

Unfortunately Netflix lumps all seasons together under a single banner, whatever format they are in.

Had this issue with Power. It states it is UHD, but I think from memory, only season 3 was actually in UHD, the others in 1080p.

Unfortunately Netflix lumps all seasons together under a single banner, whatever format they are in.

Had this issue with Power. It states it is UHD, but I think from memory, only season 3 was actually in UHD, the others in 1080p.
Power? ... omg what a show! ... very much looking forward to finding out who shot Ghost. I thought the picture quality was pretty good for 1080p I didn’t realise that only series 3 was in 4K as far as I can remember it looked more or less the same as all of the other series it’s a pain that the producers/Netflix can’t keep any consistency to the formats of these shows

Power? ... omg what a show! ... very much looking forward to finding out who shot Ghost. I thought the picture quality was pretty good for 1080p I didn’t realise that only series 3 was in 4K as far as I can remember it looked more or less the same as all of the other series it’s a pain that the producers/Netflix can’t keep any consistency to the formats of these shows

I know, back Monday! Yes picture quality is pretty good normally, but would rather it be UHD all the time. Just greedy I suppose. :D

Watched the first season and really enjoyed it although it took me until episode 3/4 to get into it. The second series looks so good in Dolby Vision there is subtle use of HDR so the picture still looks natural with nothing over cooked. Saw tthe latest episode of Power today ... fantastic, it was well worth the wait!

I’m finding the second season pretty much the same as season 1 with different characters, only part way through but... new child friend, different girl & someone locked up. I still find myself drawn into watching more and more though (crazy) 😂😬

Got two episodes left to finish off but it's more or less the same as season 1 but becomes quite predictable as we know Joe Goldberg quite well now.
I thought exactly the same as this, however only part way through season 2, still finding myself hooked though 🤷🏼‍♂️😬

Yeah I’m only on series 2 ep 3 and it’s like deja vu but still compulsive viewing :facepalm:

Hannibal-lite? Surely this is more analogous to Dexter-lite? (The show even references Dexter as an Easter egg in episode 4 or 5). Enjoying the second season so far.
This reminds me VERY (how do you do italics?). much of Dexter too. It's not as good but it's extremely watchable and me and my wife both really enjoy it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom