Quantcast

Netflix's Uncut Gems Review & Comments

Slinkywizard

This sounds great! Will give it a watch. Thanks Cas.

PaulDavidThomas

Simply brilliant film, I was worried at first about Sandler's presence, but he smashed it. 9/10 for me.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Thanks for the review, will be checking this one out for sure, but did you mean Tangerine DREAM-esque soundtrack?
Corrected. I have *not* had enough sleep.

Goonerdude

First time l disagree with you Cas but thanks for the review.

Can’t see the fuss with this movie l found it slow, boring & very shouty turned it off after 40 minute well overrated.

gadget man

in my opinion was the worst movie i have seen in a very long time. Just shouting all the time and really boring after 1 hour i switched it off.

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Is this available on Netflix now?

Diagnosticz

Thanks cas. Disappointed with the DV picture quality on this for a new film there is lots of film grain

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Thanks cas. Disappointed with the DV picture quality on this for a new film there is lots of film grain
Thanks.

That was just the gritty style; I think it worked well with the 80s vibe and score. And the DV held up in the club / black light scene.

BrightonChris

Distinguished Member
The trailer put me off with all the shouting and the horrible music. Don't think I could take a whole film of it. Reminded me a bit of the incessant drumming in Birdman.

Slinkywizard

Thanks.

That was just the gritty style; I think it worked well with the 80s vibe and score. And the DV held up in the club / black light scene.
Agree. It was shot on 35mm and looks lovely IMO. Suits the film perfectly.

tcp/ip

Chinese ordered a beer in hand, the wife has gone out, kids in bed.
Just about to press play on this there is a god :D

Slinkywizard

Just finished. Superb. Way to go Netflix.

Tim2049

Bit overated I reckon, I'd say its far closer to an 8. Bit self indulgent at times, definitely a little too long & Sandler's character is so fundamentally unlikeable that it's hard to feel close to the film in any way. It's more like driving passed a road accident...

Some well directed tension, a refreshingly different score and Sandler managing to actually be watchable...its definitely worth watching, but I dont think I'd ever put myself through a second viewing.

Tim2049

Thanks.

...not to mention Sandler's frequently dazzling, rather monstrous teeth. They deserved a supporting credit...

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
First time l disagree with you Cas but thanks for the review.

Can’t see the fuss with this movie l found it slow, boring & very shouty turned it off after 40 minute well overrated.
in my opinion was the worst movie i have seen in a very long time. Just shouting all the time and really boring after 1 hour i switched it off.
I have to agree with the shouty comments. Made it hard to concentrate on the movie IMO. Sandler shouts in just about every movie he stars in so it took the shine off for me. I watched it to the end but wouldn't bother watching it again and can't say I'd recommend it.