Netflix's Spinning Out Season 1 Review

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Cas, as always.
we finished this yesterday, it’s a strange but enjoyable view. It ranges from dark, I, Tonya lite to One Tree Hill Ice Skating Edition.

Kaya is bloody lovely though, so even the super melodrama kept me watching. 7 is fair.

It gets the figure skating details and internal politics at ice rinks spot on. As a former skating parent, it nails so much of the cattiness, rivalry and relationships. I would count the revolutions in a spin just like the parent does here during a test Or competition.

Thought it would be a lot darker but it turns out to be quite predictable and weaker then the final notch in James Corden trouser belt.

Women not liking other women and teen men think they are men.... Lol

One highlight is Dasha who steals every scene as the Russian trainer.

6/10 for me.

Nothing so far comes close to the recent Witcher series.

I liked this series very much. 😊

I like figure skating and watch it regularly. It was very interesting for me to see and learn something more about that world, practise, dedication of the athletes, their struggles and problems... There were also love stories, family relationships, friendships formed and destroyed...

It starts really well and develops slowly until the middle, then rushes until the end. I think it's because it had been cancelled even before it aired, so they tried somehow to include all the material that was supposed to be stretched through two or even more seasons into just one. I don't know why they didn't want to give this series a chance. 😟 It was a promising series about the topic we don't see shown much on TV (the skating world).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom