Netflix's Spenser Confidential Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for the Review Cas.
I'm beginning to think this is Mark Wahlberg's go-to expression whenever he realises he's stuck in a not-so-good production:-
1583561099650.png

He did this face A Lot in "The Happening", for instance :)

wow glad you liked it!
i will give it a go tonite

Crap. Watched first 30 minutes and realised what a crap this is and switched it off. What has become of Mark.

I liked 6 Underground's actions scenes. I thought they looked very real and less CGI than others. But hey, that's just me.

I liked 6 Underground's actions scenes. I thought they looked very real and less CGI than others. But hey, that's just me.

That's because quite a few of the stunts were done for "real" (some green screen) - the rooftop/parkour scenes for example were done by a UK Parkour group called Storror who have done some behind the scenes videos on YouTube (well worth a watch) - STORROR

Crap. Watched first 30 minutes and realised what a crap this is and switched it off. What has become of Mark.
Even Richer?

Me watching trailer earlier on today: Nope!

Cas: I bless this noping.

Your review brought out the schadenfreude in me. Thanks for that.
Is that a 'berg coming towards my TV? Hell. No!

Ooh and I was thinking this might be worth watching.

Well I quite liked it as in a good vehicle for Warlberg in that classic 80s mode of wise cracking odd couple buddy flick . Was nothing more than that . Its not to be taken tp serious like the underrated Broken City . Great PQ with DV and soundstage with Atmos .

Yup I quite enjoyed it and a 7.5 /10 for me as bit of harmless fun.

Well I quite liked it as in a good vehicle for Warlberg in that classic 80s mode of wise cracking odd couple buddy flick . Was nothing more than that . Its not to be taken tp serious like the underrated Broken City . Great PQ with DV and soundstage with Atmos .

I am with you strightforwards fun

Awful. Strip away the over used metaphors and innuendo and all you have here is a a rubbish movie. Obligatory inclusions for politically acceptable reasons regarding people who just cannot act.

Scores on the doors - 3.2/10

I am with you strightforwards fun

Yup , found it no better or worse than Two Guns that Cas gave a 7 for back in the day and at least a couple of points better than Netflix 6 Underground .

Last edited:
I think people take films too serious these days i see loads with 8 and 9s outta 10 and i think are pap, sometimes i enjoy these 5 and 6 films much better than the serious crap out there

Watched it earlier this evening. At least it didn't bore the pants off me like some high scoring films have of late and that's no joke (get it) and didn't have me watching the clock. I'll give it a 7/10 just for the entertainment factor.

I think people take films too serious these days i see loads with 8 and 9s outta 10 and i think are pap, sometimes i enjoy these 5 and 6 films much better than the serious crap out there
agreed, I really don't look at movies starring Makie mark and directed by peter berg and expect an Oliviere, type performance , I do however think fast and furious with an x certificate on a budget.

Good to know.
Yup , found it no better or worse than Two Guns that Cas gave a 7 for back in the day and at least a couple of points better than Netflix 6 Underground .

Ha yeah good point, Two Guns = 7 is an insult to any other 7 film. This can NEVER be worse than that Paul Calf.

TBO I can totally see this as a erm, munchie film. And you know, some films are made to be just that. Catering for an audience, is catering for an audience, be them used to holding bi-noc-u-lars or bongs.

Watched last night, overall it's pretty pants but I didn't expect it to be great either.

I think a 5/10 is pretty fair.

Good to know.

Ha yeah good point, Two Guns = 7 is an insult to any other 7 film. This can NEVER be worse than that Paul Calf.

TBO I can totally see this as a erm, munchie film. And you know, some films are made to be just that. Catering for an audience, is catering for an audience, be them used to holding bi-noc-u-lars or bongs.

The film is basically what you see in the trailer . If one did not like the trailer they will not like the film .

I think people are getting harder to please. It's gotten now where I have to brave films on my own without reading reviews because most films are 5/10 ie in my mind, crap. And I'm often pleasantly surprised that I enjoy the film...

It also means I watch a few genuinely sub 5/10 films though in my search and that sucks :(

Weird how people decide whether or not to view based on Cas's review. It has 6.3 in imdb which for an average score makes it worth checking out if you are a fan of this genre.

No. People dont take films too seriously they take Cas's reviews too seriously.
Seen that with Mark Kermode.
These are juat journalists who love and know films. They are not Gods.
I mean Mark loves Lost in Translation but it is one of a handful of films i had to switch off. My opinion matters more to me.

Agree, its really just a popcorn flick a bit of light entertainment, its not trying to win any awards, actually enjoyed it far more than 6 underground and fast and furious which has just gone silly since the first couple which bordered on believable.
Much rather watch this for 2 hours than something like the lighthouse!

No. People dont take films too seriously they take Cas's reviews too seriously.
Seen that with Mark Kermode.
These are juat journalists who love and know films. They are not Gods.
I mean Mark loves Lost in Translation but it is one of a handful of films i had to switch off. My opinion matters more to me.
Personally, I find Cas's Reviews give me more insight into a Movie than the Trailer or the IMDB Synopsis. But many Films & Programmes he Reviews I don't bother watching, or watch & disagree. It's just an info tool to me.
Much rather watch this for 2 hours than something like the lighthouse!
As a kid, when on Holiday, I could sit by the seashore after Dusk & watch a lighthouse for Hours.
That was mostly in Black & White as well, but the Blacks were incredibly deep, and the whites were always really sharp. Always knew the outcome as well. (Mum saying it was time to go back to the B&B)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom