Netflix's Polar Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Totally agree with you Cas. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Mads Mikkelsen is one of my favourite actors ... quite how he got properly involved in this I don't know. Apart from him, the acting was bordering on shambolic. It looked ultra, ultra cheap .... just awful waste of resources.

@Casimir Harlow

Thanks for taking a bullet & filtering this one for us & saving 2 hours of our lives ;) :smashin:

Question though (to gauge just how bad this is) ... which is worse, this or Escape Plan 2 ? :rotfl:

I sat through most of it. It's not good. Ended up fast forwarding to see what happens in the end out of curiosity.
:suicide:

@Casimir Harlow

Thanks for taking a bullet & filtering this one for us & saving 2 hours of our lives ;) :smashin:

Question though (to gauge just how bad this is) ... which is worse, this or Escape Plan 2 ? :rotfl:

Tough. I guess at least the main actor was actually in this movie, unlike Escape Plan 2!

As I keep saying about Netflix and their films. This is the bad side of having an open check book and saying yes to any hairbrained idea and having nothing else to do with it until it’s uploading time.

The hit to miss ratio on these films is pretty one sided and NF need to have a bit more quality control.

Of course you have some gems but if they are swamped by crap then you end up not being able to find them.

NF atm seems to think quantity wins. Nope. In the end it’s quality that does and over the next couple of years when people will have many streaming services to choose from inc everyone from Hollywood (and the $$ to go with it) they need to get a little more choosy about who they hand over fistfuls of cash to.

If this is what we continue to see from NF , their push for relevance in the film world will be short lived

I can't see this:
image.php

Without thinking of Julian Barratt's Mindhorn.

Mindhornnew.jpg

Humm
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Fantastic even.
Gobsmacked at the negative opinions.
Glad I missed this thread before seeing it as it would have stopped me watching.
4/5

Timestamp 01:01:46.

1m0kqRc.jpg

Director: "Oh no, the cameraman was in this shot, looks like we'll have to go again. You OK with that, Mads?"

Mads: "Lemme see.."

tumblr_inline_plc0hkeGS71shva7d_540.gif

Timestamp 01:01:46.

1m0kqRc.jpg

Director: "Oh no, the cameraman was in this shot, looks like we'll have to go again. You OK with that, Mads?"

Mads: "Lemme see.."

tumblr_inline_plc0hkeGS71shva7d_540.gif
Having wasted 2 hours of my life watching this - I can at least tell you, I wasn’t looking out for random camera reflections in ‘that scene’!:D

Overall, I’m with Caz on this one - maybe a point higher, but no more - I’m certainly never going to watch it again.

I will say though, that I enjoyed the soundtrack, it gave my system a decent workout with plenty of LFE for my subs to feed on, and quite a few nicely panned effects - DSU did the rest.

I might watch this again tonight with my youngest son (20)
He loves John Wick
Will be interesting to see what he thinks.
I’m genuinely looking forward to seeing it again.

I might watch this again tonight with my youngest son (20)
He loves John Wick
Will be interesting to see what he thinks.
I’m genuinely looking forward to seeing it again.
As long as he doesn't go into it expecting a film "clearly designed to be something like Netflix's answer to John Wick".

I think the IMDb score of 6.5/10 would be my rating. Meant as a parody of John Wick, Kill Bill, James Bond etc, this is definitely a film I would watch a sequel of. In addition to a few genuinely funny moments, there's excellent performances from Mads and Vanessa Hudgens, too.

Turns out he’s already seen it!
He thought it was really good.
3.5/5

Oh my it's so, so, bad!:rotfl:

It's basically a fifteen year old boy's wet dream. Possibly Netflix's bigger stinker yet, I struggled to find anything I liked about it. And as for Matt fudgeing Lucas...!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it quite a lot. I'd have no problem watching it again and if they do a sequel I'm up for that, too.
I feel like they delivered exactly the film they promised in the trailer. I'm more than happy with what I got.

Thank god im not alone in liking it.
I was thinking people were actually scared to say they like it...

Edited as I didn’t like the idea of that!

Last edited:
Just finished watching this...was definitely a throw away movie...mind you it did look and sound really impressive watched this via the built in Netflix app on my LG 55B7 oled and Samsung HW-N950.

I am another in the 'like' camp - did exactly what the trailer promised and I have seen A LOT worse. More of a 7 for me - preferred it to Close.

I watched it last night in my cinema on a 10ft screen streaming on an apple tv with 4K and 7.4.2 atmos. The picture was very good and the sound too. I thought Matt Lucas was a bit odd, but I liked the movie and thought it OK. I thought some of the scenery was spectacular (landscape) and not the sex scene :) Obviously this was no JW and only the looks of the character resemble this. If you want to lose 2 hours of your life i would suggest the movie "Locke" with Tom Hardy. Not even any scenery. Check it out :)

I watched it last night in my cinema on a 10ft screen streaming on an apple tv with 4K and 7.4.2 atmos. The picture was very good and the sound too. I thought Matt Lucas was a bit odd, but I liked the movie and thought it OK. I thought some of the scenery was spectacular (landscape) and not the sex scene :) Obviously this was no JW and only the looks of the character resemble this. If you want to lose 2 hours of your life i would suggest the movie "Locke" with Tom Hardy. Not even any scenery. Check it out :)
Locke has really stuck in my head since I first saw it. Definitely a concrete pick... ;)

Watched it last night, great popcorn movie.
Not to be taken seriously. Some are taking it too seriously, guess that ruins the fun factor.
It ain't meant to be a *ROMA* LOL.
Mads is a delight to watch as always.
Better than Noomi *Close* I would say.
I would watch it again.
Solid 7/10

Don’t you just love a film that divides opinion. A must buy for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom