Netflix's Kingdom Season 2 TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Excellent review Cas thank you, i had to give it a 10 i enjoyed it that much.

It's excellent use of occasional but perfectly understated black humour won out the day for me.
Example the
two state chancellors impaled on the one spear
:rotfl:)
It's use of a timeless social statement get's right to the heart of the matter literally George A. Romero would be proud.
said Kim. “I have written down ‘what is politics’ on my office board. I wanted to explore what politics is through various devices including the plague. I wanted to express the kind of politics I want to see in the world and the kind of king I would want rather than suggesting what an ideal form of politics is.

Hence the Crown Prince romanticised idealised maybe who cares, he's the kind of character the world no longer believes exist's "especially in our leaders today" he is somebody you just might have followed to the gates of heaven & its refreshing to see such an individual on our screens a man who places the people first a king (prince in this case) of conscience.

"The people worship food like God, and the King must serve those people like a God."

Last edited:
Can't wait to get back to this! WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE WATCHING THIS?!!!

I seem to remember being the one who recommended @Casimir Harlow to watch this, thankfully he had the same opinion as I do on this amazing series.

If you generally don’t like zombie shows, could this be an exception?
Yes it is an exception because it is so much more than just another zombie survival show.
(of course there is a lot of surviving or not going on though :D)

From the writer : Kim Eun-hee
“I thought, ‘Maybe I can portray the plague with zombies,” said Kim. “It’ll be a very interesting way to convey the sufferings and pains of the people of that time.’ That’s how I came up with the idea of writing Kingdom.”

Yes it is an exception because it is so much more than just another zombie survival show.
(of course there is a lot of surviving or not going on though :D)

From the writer : Kim Eun-hee
“I thought, ‘Maybe I can portray the plague with zombies,” said Kim. “It’ll be a very interesting way to convey the sufferings and pains of the people of that time.’ That’s how I came up with the idea of writing Kingdom.”
Thank you. I will check it out then.

Thank you. I will check it out then.
I hope you enjoy, also check the shows audio settings as for some reason it defaults to English CC Closed Captions subtitles (handy if Deaf/hard of hearing but not so good if hearing is fine) if you watch in the Korean original 5.1 which i'd highly recommend.
There is of course an English dub for those that aren't fans of reading & watching at the same time.

I was keenly waiting for the second season, after the gripping first. Probably the best series on Netflix in any language.

Last edited:
How gory is it? So I can determine if it is ok for others to watch with me that are of a sensitive disposition.

How gory is it? So I can determine if it is ok for others to watch with me that are of a sensitive disposition.
Tricky one but i think it's never use's its violence in an unnecessary way or as a simple mechanism to shock for shock shake in other words its all relevant to the events unfolding especially from a rising tension perspective but please bear in mind that it is an 18 certificate.

They really have put the cash and faith into this with top drawer story telling and acting that's not all ham and Hi-Yah's!!
Nicely passionate but fairly weighted review, Cas.

Thanks for the review Cas, No idea how this slipped under my radar!

I now have something to binge while building up my weekly episodes :thumbsup:

If you generally don’t like zombie shows, could this be an exception?
Absolutely. I don't like zombie films that much tbf.

For me I would give it 10/10 and imo the best series on Netflix, which imo often produces lots of turkies but this is a rare gem.

Thanks for the review. I'm now just watching season One and on Ep 5 and I must say excellent across the board, story telling production and acting and dare I say its in a different league compared to a AMC production on Fox at the moment.

Didn't know this gem was out! Nice one Cas !

WOW just finished season one and without a doubt this was a 10/10 for me. The last Ep was so bl**dy intense.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention what a pleasure to watch a decent programme.

I just binged season one on the back of Cas's review of season 2 and wow that was darned good

onto season 2 today for sure wit the added benefits of Dolby vision and atmos over season 2

Binged this last night and what can I say, absolutely brilliant! Only gripe is the season is way too short with just the six episodes.
Anyone know if this has been renewed for a 3rd season ?

I just binged season one on the back of Cas's review of season 2 and wow that was darned good

onto season 2 today for sure wit the added benefits of Dolby vision and atmos over season 2
This is where I am as well, finished S1 last night (great cliffhanger) and just watched 1st EP of S2.

Very good.

Watched 4 eps of S2 last night :laugh:

This is by far, hands down, without any doubt, the best series I've seen in a while.

Absolutely amazing. It has everything and the review is spot on in every way.

But as mentioned above, it is a 10/10. Just so entertaining.

Can't fault it in any way. The story. The horror. The dark humour. The acting. All of it. Superb.

I keep trying to get my friend to watch it, but when you say it's a Korean Zombie series, it doesn't sell itself too well 😀😀.

But I'll get him there and he'll love it too haha.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom