Netflix's Da 5 Bloods Movie Review & Comments

Planned viewing tonight.

Is it in 4k or 1080p

one for the list, many thx for the review.

@systemsdead might disagree here :D

Given all the big names bailed when Netflix took it on says a lot imo.

Was hyped for this, but found it boring, messy, humourless, way too long, and actually not all that well directed given Lee's pedigree. Great performance from Delroy Lindo as the only memorable player, but his character is such a total arsehole from beginning to end it was hard to care. 5 or 6/10 at best.

Will try it at some point over the weekend.

just finished it, well below my expectations 5 out of 10 from me.

Was hyped for this, but found it boring, messy, humourless, way too long, and actually not all that well directed given Lee's pedigree. Great performance from Delroy Lindo as the only memorable player, but his character is such a total arsehole from beginning to end it was hard to care. 5 or 6/10 at best.
Absolutely correct. Turned it off.

A lot of reviews say the same on imdb will give this a miss.

Looks good but above individual reviews are a bit worrying.... Will watch it tonight I reckon

While it wasn't top tier Lee, it was still a very good watch. Completely agree with Lindo's monologue to camera, and easy highlight of the film.

For me, the best fictional depiction of the black experience of Vietnam and it's aftermath is the Hughes Bros. Dead Presidents.

For me, the best fictional depiction of the black experience of Vietnam and it's aftermath is the Hughes Bros. Dead Presidents.

Mark Kermode references ‘Dead Presidents’ in his review of ‘Da 5 Bloods’ in today’s Observer. I haven’t seen it, so will have to seek it out.

Started watching it last night. Turned it off after 30 minutes. I like Spike Lee, Do the Right Thing is in my top 3 movies of all time. I also love 25th Hour, Get on the Bus and The Summer of Sam but this is a complete mess of a film imo. Poss the first time I have concurred with the majority on IMDB in ages. 2/10.

I have to say it was a bit of a drag, the first action scene with the chopper going down and ensuing gun fight was oddly very badly done. The sound effects were dull and the music playing over it was obtrusive and played at a strange volume. Very amateurish actually.

Watched over the weekend.
I didnt enjoy it.
It's a mess.

Sorry.
4/10

Managed an hour then switched it off !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom