Netflix Super HD Issue

Discussion in 'Film & TV On Demand Streaming Services' started by BigBrisy, Feb 9, 2014.

1. BigBrisy

BigBrisy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hello folks

Looking for any help on this, recently signed up to Netflix and cannot see any Super HD content, I have Sky Fibre Unlimited and when I checked the download speed on my PS4 I was getting around 29mbps, my PS4 was originally just on Wi-Fi but I then attached the lan cable, still no luck, have also tried my Xbox One and having the same results, the little HD icon appears beside all movies/tv shows but have yet to see a superHD icon, is there something obvious i'm not doing?

Thanks

2. sofasurfer

sofasurfer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    How long do you leave it when streaming. I'm not getting anywhere near your speeds and once I start a stream it takes about thirty seconds to get to SuperHD. Netflix adjusts the quality depending on how fast your connection speed is and starts off at a low bitrate and then should get better. If you click the right stick on the PS4 it will show the current image quality and hopefully after some time should get to SuperHD.

Your speed means there should be no issue streaming the best quality.

3. BigBrisy

BigBrisy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hmmm i haven't actually tried this, I was at my friends house last weekend and he was showing me his netflix, when he is just browsing through what is available there is an icon beside the title, it tells you if it HD and 5.1, on his Netflix is says super HD even before he starts streaming the program.

4. BigBrisy

BigBrisy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just tried the clicking of the right stick and sure enough about 10 seconds in it comes up Super HD, dont understand why he gets the super HD icon, i tried it with the setting for the american Netflix too and didn't get it.

5. sofasurfer

sofasurfer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    I've never seen a SuperHD icon anywhere apart from the film description and when you check the quality. Good to know that you are getting the best quality though.

6. BigBrisy

BigBrisy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for your help, glad to know i'm getting the super HD streaming.

7. Mick4545

Mick4545

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I watch Netflix through a Panasonic Bluray player app and I have the SuperHD 5.1 icon before the program starts.

8. thefinestmalt

thefinestmalt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    On the new UI that netflix launched, it only shows titles as HD and not super HD. This is intentional as I read in an interview that netflix are phasing out the 'superhd' label in readiness for their launch of 'ultra hd' (4k) streaming. Titles will still play at the highest possible bitrate but will just show as HD.

9. MarkusThatch

MarkusThatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,948
    So if you're watching a film or tv show from netflix on a smart tv that says superhd, does it automatically show the film in 'super'hd? I couldn't see anything obvious unlike say enabling HD on iplayer which is a simple on/off.

10. mentasm

mentasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    It does as long as you have the highest quality streaming enabled in your account options (on the web portal).