Netflix streaming issue

Tuz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have BT fibre and get >70Mbps directly via the router.
I have various dLAN adapters around the house and get >30Mbps on my mobile via wireless.
I have a PS4 wired into a dLAN which gets >30Mbps.

However, I cannot get more than 15Mpbs via my native Netflix app on my Sony KDX8505, even if I use the same dLAN adapter than my PS4 is using.

If I stream House of Cards the quality is below HD standard - how do I improve this or is there an issue with my TV or Netflix app?

Cheers

I've found similar issues with Netflix on my Amazon Prime box. If the Prime box is connected via homeplugs, Netflix continually buffers, drops to sub-SD pq and so on. If I connect the box directly it's fine. Oddly though, Netflix does seem to generally run sub-optimally on my Prime box, but is fine on other devices. All of my other streaming apps are fine when boxes are connected via homeplugs, but Netflix is a bit of a warzone. I don't like the Netflix interface, but ultimately I can't complain as I don't pay anything for the HD service, courtesy of my nephew.

Clem

I wondered it it could be the app itself - YouTube performs ok when I stream in 4K. Sony have recommended that I perform a factory reset to see if that helps. I am unable to correct direct to the router as that is in another room.

The only way to find out is to temporarily run a cable from the router into your TV and see what happens. If your issues go away then you have your answer, if they don't then it looks like the TV, so you could then try something else to see what happens.

I have a temporary cable running from my router into the front room. SWMBO is now nagging me to sort it out once and for all, so it looks like I have my work cut out at one weekend soon.

Clem

Haha, they dont like messy cables do they!?

I decided to take a different course of action - purchased the Sony UBP-X800 to see what the app is like on that - 'not another bloody box' was the reply from the other half ;-)

Don't know about steaming, but i have issue with downloading them, always showing error =(

UHD on netflix streams at 15.26mbps.

Its early mornign so I may have missed the jist of the post, but thats what you are saying right? No matter what, it wont go higher than 15.26mbps

UHD on netflix streams at 15.26mbps.

Its early mornign so I may have missed the jist of the post, but thats what you are saying right? No matter what, it wont go higher than 15.26mbps

Thats helpful - why do they cap streaming at 15.26Mbps if they recommend a minimum speed of 25Mbps?

Thats helpful - why do they cap streaming at 15.26Mbps if they recommend a minimum speed of 25Mbps?

Probably to ensure you have headroom. They'll assume others will be using the connection at the same time on phones and computers, maybe gaming.

So you can stream in 4K while other can us the internet too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom