Netflix / Lovefilm = Neither

Is there a list of TV shows available on Netflix anywhere?

Quality claimed to be Medium / SD on my PS3 - was really blocky and I wouldn't pay for that. Quality on PC is okay enough, quality on iPad is very good and I would probably watch that consistently.

I now have Netflix set up on my WDTV live, MacBook, iPhone, iPad and Xbox and the quality is very good.

Make sure you go to your account settings and change it to high quality if you want a better picture, makes a big difference.

Content wise it seems like a good start. They've got quite a few TV series like 24, Breaking Bad, Heroes and a decent amount of british content too.

All in all I'm happy, though I think I'll hold on to my Lovefilm sub as well for now.

I changed the quality setting to the max prior to loading up the PS3 version, I do live in a rural area so wasn't expecting HD quality. I am pleased with the iPad quality though, and will happily catch up films and TV through that medium.

Wether I'll continue once my month is up, is as yet undecided.

GloryHornet said:
I changed the quality setting to the max prior to loading up the PS3 version, I do live in a rural area so wasn't expecting HD quality. I am pleased with the iPad quality though, and will happily catch up films and TV through that medium.

Wether I'll continue once my month is up, is as yet undecided.

It uses the auto quality a bit like if your have ever used sky go for example, on the 360 it starts looking ok and then switches to the better quality until the HD symbol lights up.

do they have any US catch up shows at all or is it all english stuff?

do they have any US catch up shows at all or is it all english stuff?

They have breaking bad 2 seasons, doctor who 56 eps, nurse jackie, firefly, warehouse 13, top gear 106 eps, about 70 eps of south park, all arested development, all doll house, all of prison break & 24, all of it crowd mighty boosh, recue me, skins uk, all scrubs, twin peaks, faulty towers, torchwood, secret diary of a call girl, shameless, psychoville & californication + alot more tv that ive never heard of

Sorry that went on a bit but thought it might be helpfull to some people:D

Anyone know the device limit for using your Netflix sub? Think it's the same as the US, 50 devices but can anyone confirm?

They have breaking bad 2 seasons, doctor who 56 eps, nurse jackie, firefly, warehouse 13, top gear 106 eps, about 70 eps of south park, all arested development, all doll house, all of prison break & 24, all of it crowd mighty boosh, recue me, skins uk, all scrubs, twin peaks, faulty towers, torchwood, secret diary of a call girl, shameless, psychoville & californication + alot more tv that ive never heard of

Sorry that went on a bit but thought it might be helpfull to some people:D

CAn you see if they have the Shield pretty please?

Does the lovefilm streaming have u.s tv on it?

very little TV from what I have seen.

Not overly impressed with it to be honest. I will probably cancel shortly and stick with their disc packages. Shame really as there are quite a few non blockbuster movies I am happy just to stream

Given this a go on me 360 tonight but don't seem to be able to hold a HD signal, checked my download speed which is 1.1MBps or 8.8mbps and on the 360 it gets 3 bars but will only hold the HD for a second or so and switches back. Oh well still looks good

Signed up using my PC tried streaming warehouse 13 very impressed with the visual quality of the stream somewhere between good SD and decent HD IMHO.

hmmm all of 24 . you know I never did catch a single episode of that - almost worth the free month..

I (re)signed with LoveFilm back in November - already watched more movies via the Streaming option, but was very disappointed in their TV selection. Doing TV series by post is a pain as typically one series can span 3 or more DVDs - given I'm on 2 movies per month death it could take quite some time to watch a series.

Access via iPad (LoveFilm) is pretty cool as it means, for a movie I'm not overly bothered in watching in all its HD glory I can ....

Going to give NetFlix a try - always been very impressed when I've been around a mates in the states .... just wish they had TrueBlood series ...

Anyway - despite, what some people may see as a weaker than hoped launch line-up, and despite both LF and NF signing EXCLUSIVE deals which may harm the customer experience .. I welcome the competition ...

Assume there are no region blocks on this - by this I mean unlike BBC iPlayer etc I can travel and still access my content via the iPad?

Signed up to netflix last night and watched a couple of episodes of Arrested Development and The Expendables on my PS3. The quality was great, arrested development was atleast as good as the DVDs when played upscaled. Theres not a huge amount of content that I havent seen or that interest me at the moment but enough to keep me going for the free month. I will probably keep it going though to give it a chance and hope for some regular content updates. The PS3 interface is very slick too, a lot better and quicker than the Lovefilm one from what I remember of it.

Tried it on PS3, had a couple of issues:

1) Lip sync was out on HD films
2) I'm with virgin media on a 10 meg connection. After streaming HD for a while, I think my speed was throttled, I could only get 2.4 meg, and could no longer stream HD.

2) I'm with virgin media on a 10 meg connection. After streaming HD for a while, I think my speed was throttled, I could only get 2.4 meg, and could no longer stream HD.

Depends how much you had already downloaded and the time you were doing it. You should check the times on when the speed reductions can kick in.

:offtopic:

Sadly Virgin Media have become a bit of a joke in terms of traffic management, unless you're on their bigger download speed packages that is. I've lost a few films on Apple TV due to their throttling during a movie, and this is the main reason Netflix probably wouldn't work for me as a service at the mo.

Planning on moving soon (reason I can't upgrade current package), so I'll either have to sign up to a larger deal, or look at other maybe slower, but constant and unlimited avenues...

Glad to see Netflix land though, and hopefully their library will increase and they'll do well over here.

Just went to the US Netflix and it seems that my UK account also gives me access to the US one. Using hotspot shield on my laptop but certainly interesting if it means that if i get a VPN that i can watch content from both regions

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom