Question Netflix home screen

stuarttunstall

Novice Member
Hi

Having just purchased my new LG Smart TV I decided to subscribe to Netflix (some good stuff on there)

Now, when you first open the app you are presented with the Netflix home screen which shows recommendations and displays them in rows for you to browse through..

4K UHD is quite a way down the list which I would like towards the top... Netflix say this is not possible, but are they correct? has anyone changed the display order?

STuart

SeeMoreDigital

Have you purchased Netflix's 4K [Premium Ultra HD] package? If you haven't you will not be able to access their 4K content...

SeeMoreDigital

Sadly you can't change the display order on Netflix's service or Amazons for that matter...

As with many streaming services the lists are affected by what you view and will fill up with new recommendations :eek:

stuarttunstall

Novice Member
Thank you, The chap I spoke to at Netflix said he would put it down as a suggestion for future updates as even he thought it would be a good idea, so we will see what happens lol

SeeMoreDigital

Agreed, it would be good if they did offer us some form of user control. But the current 'cluttered' set-ups are actually good for Netflix and Amazon as it forces us to navigate through endless rows of repeated content in the hope that something else might peak our interest...

It's a form of 'impulse' promotion ;)

stuarttunstall

Novice Member
A little like super markets moving stuff around, it stops you going straight to the items you want.. forces you to walk around... :)

SeeMoreDigital

Exactly...

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom