• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Netflix error 112 anyone?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Somewhat annoyingly, for the last week or so, every time I use the Netflix app. on my Amazon FTV box, about 17 minutes into the first thing that I’m streaming, the app. crashes with a 112 error. According to the Netflix website, it’s some sort of local app./platform issue, and the article that I found rambles on about how to fix things if you have an Apple box. I restarted the FTV box two days ago, and viewing was trouble-free. Last night, the 112 returned. My network is not an issue — I have a VM Vivid 200 link and other things using the link at the time of the error had no service issues. There’s no picture or audio degradation either pre or post error. Everything on the ATV box is up-to-date.

I plan on trying Netflix on another device that I have, a Humax Freesat box, to see if I get the same issue. My ATV box is several years old now, but this Netflix issue aside, has seemed fine when streaming Amazon content, iPlayer, All4, etc.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc., gratefully received.

TIA, Clem

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Forgot to add that I found a number of posts on Reddit and other sites of people having similar issues, without a resolution in many cases. I have a couple of things to try on the FTV box, but a test on a different device is my first port of call.

Clem

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom