Netflix cracking down on account sharing and new option to migrate profiles

oneman

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Netflix are going to make it easier to move profiles between accounts.

And after trailing in South America, looks like they are being serious about cracking down on account sharing. Not much of a surprise with stagnant growth. They do offer a cheap option for a second household in SA.

Will be interesting to see how they will implement it. Other providers require a device to check in to a 'home' network periodically. So mobile devices will keep working. Netflix say they also use device ID and viewing activity to determine if accounts are being shared.

I have a sharing account. At home and my 2 daughters who are both at different universities. I take it that’s going to be stopped. I get what they are doing but it’s harsh for the likes of me who shares with my own family 🤷🏻‍♂️

They’ll just see subscribers plummet, I share with my sister her daughters at university as well, if she bins it I have iptv but I’d just get it every now and then to binge watch something possibly

They'll end up stopping 1 month subscriptions to stop the 'binge watch and bin' people. Itll end up being 3, 6 or 12 months.

I have a brilliant idea to stop all these people that left Netflix because they are skint

PUT YOUR PRICES DOWN

They'll end up stopping 1 month subscriptions to stop the 'binge watch and bin' people. Itll end up being 3, 6 or 12 months.
If they do that they will lose even more subscribers who do 1 month to watch all that they want .
Its not like there are not other alternatives with far richer content.

I plan to do 1 last month on netflix then I'm done for good. If that policy came in now then I would be done for good with netflix now.

With a subscriber friendly policy like a minimum sucription term, does that mean that Liz Truss has become CEO of netflix perchance?

I would actually cancel Netflix but my Parents use my account.

If they were to tell me they need to pay for their own account they wouldn't and I don't watch enough Netflix to make the price worthwhile. Maybe I'd go for the with advertising option instread of the 4K option I currently have

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom