Question Netflix- Best to watch from Sky Box or Onboard App

Lrehcsa

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably a Noob question so apologies in advance but is there any given wisdom on the better source to watch Netflix from, I can pick the App on my Sky Q box or the App on the TV, obviously if I use the Sky Box I don't need a ARC cable back from the TV to my Arcam receiver, but if there is a good reason to use the app on the TV I will do and will carry on with the extra cable.

Well If you want to watch 4k stuff in HDR / Dolby vision then your tv app is the only way to do it as the Sky box doesn't do HDR at all yet.

That's the only reason I can think of though.

That's exactly the sort of answer I was looking for as I didn't know that, thanks.

I've moved this to the general TV section. The question is somewhat hypothetical since we don't know what TV you have or plan on buying and using with Netflix.

If you have a model that isn't a decent HDR performer for example, you may be better off using a non-HDR app.

Its when you get to TVs with wide colour gamuts and better HDR capabilities that there is a benefit to using the built in app, together with any source device that supports HDR like the Roku streaming stick +.

Another reason to not use the Sky version of Netflix is that the Skyy box can't handle native frame rates. For American content in particular you're more likely to see judder that you won't see using your tv Netflix app.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom