Netflix audio query

Deadlift1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , I’m using Panasonic 4 k Blu-ray player for Netflix with denon 3600 however no audio workin !
When using sky with other apps on arc I have no issues!
Do I need reset on amp ? Thanks in advance!

If the audio from the Panasonic is fine when playing discs then it must be a problem with the player and not the Denon. I would check your player's manual although Netflix is usually bitstream Dolby Digital Plus as an absolute maximum.

Can you clarify what your routing is, ie, player to TV or direct to the Denon.

What is the model of the player?

Do you have the player set to output Bitstream which is the requirement for Netflix?

Is the audio fine when playing discs and what does the front display on the Denon show?

I think this is a problem with the player itself and it maybe better that I move it to the Player and Recorder Forum.

Unless you have an Atmos speaker layout then the audio on Netflix from SkyQ will be the same, ie, Dolby Digital Plus lossy SD 5.1. I don't know if the Panasonic app supports Atmos.

Hi gibbsy, sorry for late reply! 4K blu ray discs audio is perfect! Front display in sayin auto /stereo ! Beside Panasonic sayin pcm ! Switched hdmi cables still no good ! Would hard reset on receiver help ! Many thanks

With audio from a blu ray or 4K disc then the Panasonic should be set to output bitstream. Using the yellow button on the right hand side of the Denon's remote scroll through and select Auto. If you have a 5.1 speaker set up then the audio should show at Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD. You should not be getting a PCM out of the Panasonic unless playing CDs.

Press the info button on the Denon's remote to bring up this screen which will tell you what signal is being received. I believe you have the player incorrectly set up.

Press INFO on the remote control unit to display current source name, volume, sound mode name, and other information at the bottom of the screen.

GUI Info XT32 De

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom