DD+ is the type of audio that all the streaming apps use for Atmos, you don't get TrueHD with Atmos over streaming.

Getting DD+ doesn't confirm you were getting Atmos though, not all DD+ streams have Atmos metadata although Jack Ryan should AFAIK.

Yes and the bar doesn’t say “atmos” so it’s picking a DD track...

Watching Hanna at the moment on prime video, only comes up as multi pcm, is this correct. Thought at least it would be DD .

I have a Fire TV Cube, does run Atmos, most of the time but there's a few shows that advertise as being Atmos but only outputting DD+
Seems be be an issue at either Netflix end or Amazon, its been hit and miss for quite a while

Just bought an Echo Studio and disappointed I don’t think I can get Atmos. My fire tv 4K stick is plugged into a 32 inch HD Samsung. Even on Amazon Prime with Jack Ryan, I can’t even see the UHD version because my TV only has HD so I can’t even get to the Atmos track. I don’t know if I’m getting Atmos from the Apple TV app but I suspect not.

I couldn't get tom clancy to play with atmos but Suspiria on the fire stick 4k

Hello guys.
i have a 4k fire stick.
atmos works with prime Video and Disney plus.
unfortunately it doesn't work with Netflix. is there a solution to this problem?

Hello guys.
i have a 4k fire stick.
atmos works with prime Video and Disney plus.
unfortunately it doesn't work with Netflix. is there a solution to this problem?

Officially no. You have to get the fire cube to get atmos from the official app.

Unofficially Sideload Kodi and the netflix add-on and that will allow the atmos tracks to play on the firestick.

I was surprised to see, I moved my 4k Firestick to the bedroom where I previously had a 2nd generation firestick. Using the 2nd gen I could only get stereo from Disney Plus and Youtube, although Netflix and Prime I would get Dolby Digital 5.1.

Now using the 4k firestick on the same tv I get Dolby Digital 2.0 on Youtube and Dolby Digital 5.1 on Disney Plus, not sure why though.

Officially no. You have to get the fire cube to get atmos from the official app.

Unofficially Sideload Kodi and the netflix add-on and that will allow the atmos tracks to play on the firestick.

Thanks for the reply.
What is "Sideload Kodi"?
this way will i get Netflix with the usual interface?

Otherwise I buy the Cube if no problem was found with Netflix, Disney plus, 4K content and atmos audio

Thanks for the reply.
What is "Sideload Kodi"?
this way will i get Netflix with the usual interface?

Otherwise I buy the Cube if no problem was found with Netflix, Disney plus, 4K content and atmos audio

Kodi is another platform for streamers but no you won't get the usual interface as its a third party interface and not an official app.

Thanks again for the answer.
I really don't like Netflix's interface with kodi! I prefer to return the Fire Stick 4k and buy the Cube.

Does anyone know if this is still the case?
I'm getting an Atmos setup and would like to use my Netflix on Fire stick 4k...
You cant get atmos with the firestick on Netflix but you can with other devices and some tvs, xbx works, webos for lg tvs works, etc...
Also some titles on netflix that say atmos also say not every episode of a show will all be in atmos in some cases so you kind of have to pick and chose.

So, this is slightly off topic but relates to the devices and services in question so people here will either have this or not

Lately, since I updated to a TV with Dolby Vision, I have found that I get lipsync issues with the FireTV stick and Netflix, only on content where Dolby Vision is enabled
It will be fine for X amount of time, then go off, then will be fine again once I exit the show and restart.
Anyone else have this at all? Just wondering if the Stick isn't up to cop for the Dolby Vision stream?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom