Netflix 4k on Windows PC

tfboy

It looks like I cannot get 4k on my PC.

I have a Netflix premium sub, I get 4k on my Hisense TV OK. But on my PC, nothing comes up as 4k, only HD, I don't think it's the same problem as here Netflix.. no 4k option

So far, I've looked here How to use Netflix on your Windows computer or tablet and as far as I can tell, everything is OK:
Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2
AMD Ryzen 7 CPU, 16GB RAM, etc.
NVidia Geforce 1050 Ti with latest drivers (Aug 2021)
Lenovo L28u-30 4k monitors (x2) connected via DP and HDMI.
Display resolution set to 4096x2160 at 60Hz.

I get same results regardless of browser (Tried Firefox, Chrome, Edge) and also the Native Windows 10 Netflix app.

Can someone confirm they DO have 4k on Netflix on their Windows PC? And if so, point out a few titles I can look at?

Any other ideas?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Are you sure that model of monitor supports HDCP 2.2 on both HDMI and DisplayPort connections? I couldn't see any mention of HDCP 2.2 support for it on Lenovo's page, which is often a bad sign.

nVidia's control panel used to show whether the attached screen supported HDCP, but I don't know if it still does and I don't know if it was ever updated to show which version.

tfboy

Are you sure that model of monitor supports HDCP 2.2 on both HDMI and DisplayPort connections? I couldn't see any mention of HDCP 2.2 support for it on Lenovo's page, which is often a bad sign.

nVidia's control panel used to show whether the attached screen supported HDCP, but I don't know if it still does and I don't know if it was ever updated to show which version.
Good point. It says it supports HDCP, although doesn't specify the version.

However, I've just looked at my laptop - a Gigabyte Aero 15 which has a gorgeous 4k OLED screen and same thing there - no 4k content, everything just appears as HD...

Kind of ironic that I've seem some titles are offering Atmos sound which I'm gonna get with simple laptop stereo speakers, yet no 4k!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom