• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Netbook/Laptop wanted for grandaughter

brookheather

Distinguished Member
No although its cheap it has very limited memory, runs Linux which will probably confuse your grandaughter (or her parents) and has a very small 7" screen - for a little bit more you should go with one of the current 10" netbooks for around £190:

Asus Eee PC 1001 P CPW-BK025 Netbook, Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD,10" - HotUKDeals Forum

MSi U135 Netbook - £199 inc delivery or in store - Carphone Warehouse - HotUKDeals Forum

Samsung N130 10.1" Netbook (Refurbished) £169.99 (White) / £189.99 (Pink) / NC10 £169.99 (Black) @ argos-clearancebargains ebay - HotUKDeals Forum

- Simon.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
No although its cheap it has very limited memory, runs Linux which will probably confuse your grandaughter (or her parents) and has a very small 7" screen - for a little bit more you should go with one of the current 10" netbooks for around £190:

Asus Eee PC 1001 P CPW-BK025 Netbook, Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD,10" - HotUKDeals Forum

MSi U135 Netbook - £199 inc delivery or in store - Carphone Warehouse - HotUKDeals Forum

Samsung N130 10.1" Netbook (Refurbished) £169.99 (White) / £189.99 (Pink) / NC10 £169.99 (Black) @ argos-clearancebargains ebay - HotUKDeals Forum

- Simon.

To second Simon, the one you suggested is pretty old. Don't get me wrong, when I got it at release back in winter 07/08, I loved it but now it would be pretty limited and thus would not be suitable.

All the examples, Simon has suggested are pretty excellent. My personal preference would be the ASUS (I currently have a 1001H and I LOVE it). My own experience and bias is that they produce pretty excellent netbooks and it has always been a pleasure for me to use. Saying that the Msi and samsung are two pretty good contenders and if you browse these forums, you will find support for them.

On a final note, I notice the Samsung is offered from Argos clearance bargains from ebay; word of caution: although an arm of Argos, it is seperate. So if anything goes wrong, you can't simply pop into an Argos store and when I bought items, they often didn't come as described but they thankfully accept refunds and collected themselves by courier.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom