• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

netbook battery problem?

walesyg

Standard Member
Just got a toshiba netbook nb200 10g. How long should the battery hold it's charge when it's off? I charged it fully yesterday and today on powering up it's only got 50% battery left. Will this improve with use or should i take it back. It lasts about 2-3hours when powered up. (3 cell battery) Any ideas?

brookheather

Distinguished Member
If the laptop was properly turned off (i.e. not in sleep mode) then I would expect the battery to be nearly 100% the following day. It certainly shouldn't lose half its power in one day if it was turned off.

- Simon.

walesyg

Standard Member
thanks. I think i've found the problem. It's the sleep and charge function. I.E one of the usb ports lets you charge up say an i-pod when the netbook is off by letting the port stay "live". I will disable it and see if that cures the problem. Thanks for the advise though:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom