Netbook 2gb Upgrade - Samsung N140

Laubi02

Hi guys,

I've done a bit of research and I wanted to see if what I have found is correct.

I have the standard 1gb ram in netbook but find it quite slow especially when I have a few internet tabs opened. But more importantly, it stuggles to play any video files in 720p.

so I was hoping to upgrade it to 2gb RAM to maybe let me play these videos and make my laptop a bit smoother.

From what I've found, its do-able to install youself.

And with my model, I can only get 2gb ram and possibly one of these:

INTEGRAL PC2-6400 DDR2-800 SODIMM RAM Memory Module - 1GB | Dixons |

Samsung*Laptop / Notebook / Netbook*N140-KA03UK Memory Ram Upgrade - 100% Compatibility Guaranteed at MrMemory.co.uk

2GB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400 Memory Module: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

(do any of these differ?)

Thank you for your time

LJx

Laubi02

Thanks LJx, well I have been trying for a while now to watch 720p (connected to TV) and VLC player just doesnt handle it well - it just freezes and all I see it green pixels.

I researched and downloaded K-Lite codec pack and tried watching it on window 123 classic player and windows media player. Both plays it better than VLC but after 3 seconds, the picture stuttres and lags.

I just assumed it was down to my netbook not being powerful enough. Need to find out whether adding 2gb would help as thats my main reason for trying

Mikewebb

Laubi02

I've got an N270 ASUS netbook with 2GB and it plays 720p MKV's fine. If you;re still having problems after your upgrade you could try this guide:

How to play HD video on a netbook | PC Pro blog

but does the N270 have better specs? from my research, somep people are saying that graphic card and processor may be more important.

And thanks for the link but I've found that Coreavc codec pack but I'm trying to achieve this withou having so many plug ins and more important no having to pay. I rather spend the money on a RAM upgrade which could also help with muti tasking on my netbook.

Mikewebb

My ASUS 1005HA is more of less the same as your Samsung, they both have the Atom N270 processor and came with 1 gig RAM as standard