1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Net MD vs. "flash" MP3 players

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by thommo41, Jul 27, 2004.

1. thommo41

thommo41

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi,

I have a Frontier labs Nex Ia MP3 player, awesome little thing, my major problems with it however are...

1. It takes compact flash memory cards for storage - gets VERY EXPENSIVE if you want LOADS of music!

2. Its fairly weighty, and kind of looks daft against the current line of "tiny USB" flash players

So, I overlooked Net MD as an alternative, but have since been looking into them.
    A few questions then to people that know...

1. Can I easily copy MP3 files onto an MD disk? Is it just as fast a copying via. USB 1.1 to a flash drive (my Nex Ia)?

2. Will an MD disk hold AS MUCH AS a 256MB memory card (about 50 decent quiality MP3 songs, so around 170 minutes of music)?

3. Will an MD disk hold music from MP3 files at the same quality as an MP3 player? Will I loose quality in other words, when copying to MD disks?

Sorry for the NooB questions, but I have no knowledge on Net MD at all, and what they can do for me.

TIA
    Alan