• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Nest Outdoor Camera

LeeDicko

Prominent Member
Received a Nest camera this morning. Hooked it all up, checked all the wifi signal etc. and everything was fine.

However, when I view the live stream on the nest website, every couple of minutes or so the stream and sound stops and freezes for about 20 seconds, then goes black and a little blue circle comes up spinning round, and the stream starts again.

I've tried the phone app and it seems to work for a bit longer but then the same thing happens.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the wifi, but the signal seems pretty strong. I have a wifi extender which is plugged into my router literally on the inside of the outside wall where the camera is so I am unsure why it would be that.

The strange thing is, when I rewind the stream on the Nest website, the moments that it cuts out... the video has been recorded and I can view what had happened during that time period. :facepalm:

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Lee

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom