Nest Issues

a l e x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just has a 3rd gen Nest fitted at our new home and having loads of issues. It will say it’s 18 degrees, I’ll set it to 20 and it’ll say 2+ hours. 5 hours later, the heating has been on constantly and it still says 18 and 2+ hours until it’s 20. I checked the app and it had the heating on for 14 hours the other day! Any ideas or does it need replacing?!

Also, not nest related but linked... the boiler here has a dial on the front which is about half way turned. What’s that for?!

Thanks.

I think the boiler dial need setting to the full position (not sure that it's what is causing the issue though)

Just has a 3rd gen Nest fitted at our new home and having loads of issues. It will say it’s 18 degrees, I’ll set it to 20 and it’ll say 2+ hours. 5 hours later, the heating has been on constantly and it still says 18 and 2+ hours until it’s 20. I checked the app and it had the heating on for 14 hours the other day! Any ideas or does it need replacing?!

Also, not nest related but linked... the boiler here has a dial on the front which is about half way turned. What’s that for?!

Thanks.

Are the radiators hot, ie you can touch them for a few seconds before they're too hot to touch?

The thermostat has to learn how long it takes for your system to heat up, I'm not actually sure it can say more than 2 hours as an estimate to heat up so maybe the 2 hours meant 2hours +

The dial on the boiler is for the temperature of the radiators, the higher it is the hotter the radiators will get. It may be you need the dial turned up higher. I'd avoid maximum as this will work the boiler very hard and could make the radiators too hot so a burn risk for children etc.

Thanks both. I’ve turned the dial close to max to see if it makes a difference.

I’ve put the nest in a room with a baby thermostat monitor thing in it. Nest saying 19 and won’t go higher, the other is saying 21. Think the nest may be faulty.

Thanks both. I’ve turned the dial close to max to see if it makes a difference.

I’ve put the nest in a room with a baby thermostat monitor thing in it. Nest saying 19 and won’t go higher, the other is saying 21. Think the nest may be faulty.

No problem, you'll find a lot of discrepancies between temperature monitors, I'd take the nest as rather accurate if it's not faulty. Just keep an eye on it and see if it fluctuates. I can't fault our nest at all so if yours is faulty that's a shame :(

No problem, you'll find a lot of discrepancies between temperature monitors, I'd take the nest as rather accurate if it's not faulty. Just keep an eye on it and see if it fluctuates. I can't fault our nest at all so if yours is faulty that's a shame :(

We had one at our old house for years and it never missed a beat. Just noticed that it’s set to 19 and says it’s 19 yet it’s still on and rads still going. I’ll give them a call.

We had one at our old house for years and it never missed a beat. Just noticed that it’s set to 19 and says it’s 19 yet it’s still on and rads still going. I’ll give them a call.

It does come on to keep the temperature, if it thinks the temperature will drop from the set temp it will fire up briefly to top up the temperature and keep it to 19c

It does come on to keep the temperature, if it thinks the temperature will drop from the set temp it will fire up briefly to top up the temperature and keep it to 19c

Stayed on about 2 hours after reaching temp. Nest are stumped!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom