Nero6 help please!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andrewmellor, Jun 24, 2004.

1. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi,
    When importing a single title recorded on a philips75 it loads into nero6 as 5 seperate titles and I don't understand why?
    I also use tmpengc dvd author and the same title loaded in comes in as a single title that I can then split/edit.
    Would really like to have a go at editing in nero but can't seem to get it in as a single title.
    Any help or advice greatly appreciated
    thanks for looking, Andrew

2. volvofl10

volvofl10
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi
    sorry im not going to be much help here, as im new to tmpg author.

i read from Rasczak's guide , its better to edit via your recorder if you can
    (dont know if your phillips allows u to do this, as i dont have a phillips) .

tell me how you are getting them into nero and i will have a look and play myself.

are you getting .vro files , or .vob from your phillips ? ( thought being that you have .vob files in nero, and .vobs are usually only 1gb max size hence 4 of them for 1 dvd , but .vro seem to go up to 4.3gb , hence only 1 file .
    or have you found a quick way/program to convert from vro to vob :thumbsup:

you really need someone with experience to answer your post whose better clued up than me

3. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi Volvofl10,
    Thanks for the reply....I'm getting them into Nero by 'adding video' either copying them from the original disc in the drive or from hardrive after copying them over.
    I think you may have given me a clue though as I'm sure I remember reading somewhere about .vobs .vros and it's certainly .vobs I'm seeing when loading in.
    The only thing that I can't figure is I do exactly the same to load files into tmpg and this is handling the title as 1 file and it just shows me the ts_video file and takes everything from it whereas nero opens the ts_video folder and I then have to select all the individual files?
    Time for some more searching!
    Andrew
    PS Prefer to edit with the software so I can trim and fit to write once discs better and also mess around with animated index's (very cool, even made the wife smile!) backgrounds and texts etc and the editing on my recorder is very basic in comparison.

4. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You can join VOB files together in a freeware program such as DVD decrypter to enable you to have 1 large VOB file for putting into Nero (if this is the problem, have never used Nero myself) but this would seem to solve your particular problem.

Have a look at DVDRhelp.com.

Regards

5. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks Dicky,
    I do have dvd decrypter so will have a look at that tonight as well, maybe there is a setting in Nero I can use as well, as I say it seems to input the same video data differently to tmpengc and this is what's throwing me.
    Andrew

6. willncc

willncc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may be being a bit dull (as not a techie), but you can merge titles within the nerovision express program that comes with Nero 6 (i've done it with MPEG stuff recorded onto hard drive from a PC freeview box). Highlight all the titles and there's a merge button, but don't know if it works for VOB files etc...you can then burn it from NVE, rather than actually going into Nero 6 'proper'

7. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Cheers for that willncc, I'm gonna revisit nero, I do actually use express which I should have stated I guess, and hopefully I have a bit more of an idea of what to look for now.
    All the replies have been most helpful:)
    Andrew