Nero Won't Copy

niccam

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me I've made a homemade DVD with Pinnacle 9+ and burned to DVD then I copyed it to another DVD using Nero6 the 1h 50min only took about 50mins to copy unfortunately the first one was OOS but I now have that problem solved so when I went to copy the good DVD it was taken longer at one stage 3 hours and only 11% so scraped that and tried again , again it was taking to long and seemed to be stuck at 17%.
What has happened ? and is there any particular settings I should watch out for . Thank you for any help

Perhaps bad media causing read errors? What brand of disc did you use for the original recording, and do you know its media code?

Do you have DMA set for the DVD drive you're using for reading?

What is "OOS"?

hi you could be right about the media the first time when it copied the master was on Ritek DVD-R ( GO5 dye ) and copied on to BEST DVD-R out of Jessops and it worked, the times when it failed it was the other way about master was on BEST DVD-R on to the Ritek I'm I right in saying that the BEST disc could to be to blame?
Not sure what you mean by DMA?
Does that sound right that a 1Hr 50min burns in 50mins?
OOS means Out Of Sync
Again thanks for any info

You would be better transfering the DVD to your HD.When i copy a dvd it takes 15 mins to copy to HD and then 15 mins to burn it from the HD to dvd-r with Nero 6 and a 4x speed dvd writer.

It sounds like you might have two problems: bad media which is proving hard to read, and slow data transfer. Probably best to try and separate the two things.

The G05s should be fine so use them for the moment. Download DVDInfoPro or DVDIdentifier and get the media code of the Jessop discs. Nero has a separate disc read utility which you can run the suspect discs through to see whether there are errors.

DMA is an option which can be set in the system configuration to allow speedier data transfer. Are you using an external USB DVD writer or reader, BTW?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom