1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express help?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by AMc, Jun 8, 2005.

1. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    Hi there,

I bought an OEM version of Nero Express with my DVD burner. I've made a chaptered DVD from some camcorder footage but I'm finding this package tortuous to day the least. Mostly because I'm unsure how all the different mini programs are supposed to work together - the work flow seems to be hard to understand (or maybe I'm just a bit thick :) )

- When I captured the miniDV tape it diligently included all the in/out points from the original tape but trashed them when I compressed to suit DVD burning. It seems you have to add chapter points after you've compressed the footage?
    - Trying to add a photo slide show to my existing project has trashed all the chapter marks I spent so long creating (with it's terrible timeline interface).
    - The file save function doesn't (always) give you a "save as" option which is incredibly frustrating as it means I can't even go back to my uncorrupted project.

I've always been happy with Nero for VCD & CD burning but I'm beginning to think I should try something else for making my own DVD Video.

Anyway, maybe I'm doing it all wrong but the included help is pretty poor. Can anyone point me to some tutorials or make some suggestions as to the process I should be following?

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    hmm lots of views and no opinions - suggests I may be wasting my time with this package.

Anyway - got to spend another bit of time with the package...
    Adding that slide show put 2 menu entries on the first page of the project but actually kept the chapter marks on the video and pushed it "down" a level from the main menu.
    Not as bad as I thought.
    Stuggled a bit with button layout as some of the edits seem to propogate down the project and some don't or are done at creation.
    Ended up with a 1/2 decent DVD Video disc with two slide shows of the little'uns first year and second year to date and a chaptered version of the first miniDV tape.
    The grandparents are pleased.

3. 209AZ

209AZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Try Sonic MyDVD

Did all my editing with Movie Maker 2 and used sonic to burn the DVD including
    putting in chapters etc.

You can also add slide shows if you require.