1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEOVIA 26" lcd tv

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by roddersmg, Aug 7, 2005.

1. roddersmg

roddersmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seen this at a local Curry's for £499. WXGA resolution, not HD ready, but this does not bother me. Contrast 500:1, brightness 450:1 usual connections. PQ looked good, OK the offair signal was the usual low quality you get at the high street stores, but compared to Phillips,LG and Samsung that were alongside the PQ was better. Anyone purchased one of these sets? Anyone know who's LCD's Neovia use, who is Neovia? Many thanks.

2. Iggy21UK

Iggy21UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. jas05

jas05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought one of these screens and must say for the money it is a excellent buy

It has the following connections

PC Input (D-Sub)
    S-Video Input
    Video Input x 2
    Component Video Input/HD Video Input
    Scart Input
    RF Input
    PC Audio in
    Audio Out

Also comes with wall mount backet

HDTV input support

1920x1080 (1080i)
    1280x720 (720p)
    720x480 (480i)
    720x576 (576i)
    720x480 (480p)
    720x576 (576p)

PC Display Resolution 1280x768

4. roddersmg

roddersmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jas05, what is the PQ like with Freeview and analogue? Where did you purchase, my local Curry's are all ou of stock?

5. ukroadster

ukroadster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I too would be interested in what the picture quality is like and possibly some screen shots.

My 26" Sonix LCD has just succumbed to the dreaded colour pixellation problem and is going back to SAinsburys so I am looking for a new one.

I need a replacement which doesnt have the speakers on the sides (limited space in bedroom) so the Dual 26" at Asda is out as its too wide.

This would be fine though as the speakers are underneath.

Any feedback from owners would be appreciated.

Thanks

6. jas05

jas05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PQ with SKY digital is excellent with bright and clear colours, haven't tired with analogue yet.

I bought mine from Dixons in Hounslow

7. ukroadster

ukroadster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi

PIcked one of these up from Curryss tonight.

Hooked up Sky+ via RGB scart and the pic quality is razor sharp, with superb colours and great contrast - to say I am pleased is an understatement :clap:

I still have the Sonix set at the moment and the Neovia is so much better in every area, especially fast movement.

The set looks really stylish and is well made and even comes witha wall bracket as well as a stand.

Tried to order one online but the website said out of stock so went to currys at white city in Manchester. As expected they had none on display (web exclusive) but spoke to Azlef who was really helpful and checked stock. He said that the distribution depot are getting more stock in 23/08/05 but found that he actually had a one brand new one in stock.

I was alittle apprehensive about buying in store and not on the web but Azlef wrote on the receipt 'As item not on display - customer can return for full refund if not happy' and even matched the web price of £489.00 :thumbsup:

Took a gamble having not seen it, although I saw the 32" version for £799 and was impressed, but it has paid off this time.

I went to comet, currys, john lewis, costco and Makro today and can say that the pic quality is better than nearly all the LCD TV's i saw and a match for the best Phillips at half the price.

Highly recommended and if anyone is looking for a replacement for their faulty Sonix then this is a much better unit in terms of picture,sound and build quality and definately superior to the Dual 26 inch tv which I also checked out today IMHO.

Thanks for bringing this TV to my attention. Well pleased.

8. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    I think the key question as to be though - will it last any longer than the Sonix? It can have the best PQ in the world, but if the quality is no better than other no name brands, it isnt such a bargain.

I don't fancy argueing the toss with Dixons of all people when it breaks down - especially after 12 months and 1 day...

(am in the same boat having taken my Sonix back, so once bitten, twice shy)

9. Kit2005

Kit2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting. What particular model number is this? There are a few different ones on the company website. The 'HD Ready' one has DVI, is that HDCP?

Any thoughts on motion blur etc, sound quality?

TIA

10. burlster

burlster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    id be interested in what people think a bout this one, as i got one on order, and im really not sure I want it. I felt a bit pressured into accepting it. An now im having serious second thoughts. I must confess that when it cmes to electrics i only ever buy named stuff, so im really sceptical aboput a french company i never heard of thats only 3 years old. be grateful for all advice. ( and the guy in the shop told me its hd ready, but ive checked the website and i think he was telling porkies)