neo geo pocket colour less than £20!

anephric

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If you're a sad reprobate like myself with a penchant for dead consoles point your browser to:

http://www.eplayplay.com/

New Neo Geo Pocket Colours! Your choice of colour, all boxed and new. Received mine in less than 5 working days. Decent selection of loose games (including Faselei, Metal Slug 2 etc).

For the console alone I got mine for less than £20 (as indicated by my credit card) including shipping (UPS @ $5). Didn't get hit by customs. If fact the UPS slip seemed to indicate that import duty would only be charged if the item weighed over 4 pounds (or something, I got a bit confused).

Lik-Sang.com and Playasia seem to have a refresh of NGPC titles as well, and their combo offers/shipping are better than the above, but for console alone, eplay's a winner!

Gamestation seem to be selling NGPC bundles at the mo also (sourced from eplay) but @ £80! (with six games, admittedly, but you could buy all of them and the console for half that by using a mixture of the above sites).

regards,
anephric

walibe - the link you have is for a Neo Geo Pocket, not a Neo Geo Pocket Colour, the difference being the colour screen. Playasia do the Pocket Colour, but are charging just under £40 for it at the moment, making eplayplay's deal look like a bargain. But no, the screens aren't backlit, and I've never heard of 'eplayplay' before.

Yep, I'd have said so, as that would make the price of the games about £4 each. But it may attract customs charges at that price? I've not bought from Play-Asia before, so don't know.

I'm pretty sure they use the same delivery companies as lik-sang, and as long as you dont use the courier methods, I doubt you'll get stung.

Rich

Howdy,

Some of the games are cheaper at eplay (e.g. Metal Slug 2 --$12.95 @ eplay, $20 @ playasia) tho playasia are better for shipping and do combo offers.

For the console alone tho, eplay's a bargain.

I've never been caught on customs for things ordered from Lik-Sang or Playasia (lik-sang redispatch from within Europe, so it shouldn't really be an issue) but I have been shocked at how Lik-Sang combined orders that I had specifically ordered separately in order to be safe about customs charges e.g. I ordered two sets of DC maracas on separate days, and they combined the orders (without my permission) and sent them in one box with a declared value of £100! And I'd paid about £60 (including shipping which they shouldn't declare)

regards,
anephric

They are wicked fun. Still got 2 of them knocking around with a load of games. Always take them the misus and I when we are holiday.

Be warned!

I ordered several lots of games (in separate orders of less than £18 in order to avoid customs):

Eplay bundled them in one parcel (presumably to maximise their shipping profit) and I got hit with customs (which I have refused to pay).

I'm emailing Eplay to see if they'll at least credit me for the customs against their stock, otherwise the games are going back and I'm claiming non-delivery chargeback on my credit card.

b.a.s.t.a.r.d.s.

regards,
anephric

Just as a side note, divineo are doing a Wonderswan Color pack, with 3 final fantasy games and a couple of other games for $60US.

Like the sound of that.....DO you have a link ? Does the fact its jap only mean the games are unplayable (all menu / game text in jap)

Can't see that on Divineo - incidentally there are UK stores you could sell some of the above to for a profit. Some of those links are silly cheap. As soon as pay day rolls around again.....

www.play-asia do wonderswan colours solus (in a variety of colours) for approx £18.00.

I bought a pink one... cos I is a bhatti boi.

regards,
anephric

I always fancied one of these. What are the best games for this are they not mostly in Japanese ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom