1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nemesis with DTS

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Johndm, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Looks promising?

Star Trek Nemesis R2 Release dates and DTS?.
    Paramount Home Entertainment have confirmed online the following dates for the release of Star Trek: Nemesis. There will be a one month rental window before a retail release. There are no further details at this time, but hot rumours suggest a two disc Special Edition for the retail release, and that may even include the latest Trek movie being the first with a DTS soundtrack. We will keep you up to date with developments in the coming days and weeks.

Nemesis rental: 7th July
    Nemesis retail: 4th August
    Posted by Phil Hinton
    To link to this news item, bookmark this address : http://www.homecinemachoice.com/new...emachoice.com/cgi-bin/displaynews.php?id=3106

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I'm hoping 'ST: Nemesis' will be a first 'initial release' for a 'Mount R1 title in dts (May 13th), following on from their Hunt for Red October rerelease a week before.

I guess we can expect a complete re-release of Star Trek DVDs in dts at the end of the current crop :rolleyes:

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :eek: Someone has stolen Confucius' computer and is posting in his name! :eek:

:D :p :D

4. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
  5. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,972
    What I was saying in the story was that this should be the first Trek Movie to have a dts track. Paramount will release a Jack Ryan boxset in the states, and this will be their first ever mainstream dts release with all four movies having the option. They will also be released in the states individually.

6. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Quite so Phil, and what I said was that I hope the R1 release will have dts - your story referred only to the PAL R2 version, and I don't buy movies in PAL. I then went on to make a wry aside related to the 'Mount's predeliction for seemingly numerous re-releases.

7. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Of all the great films Paramount have it is a shame imho that they have chosen the Jack Ryan films for special treatment. I don't dislike the films, but I don't think they are anything special (apart from THFRO which is ace!) What about the Godfather Trilogy - presumably that will get another re-release! :rolleyes: