Neil Peart

Chillie6

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Neil Peart drummer with Rush has died aged 67.:(

Heart broken.
My number one group!
And certainly the number one drummer in the world in my opinion.
Seen them every UK tour since 79 in Stafford.
Off to bed feeling sad.
Headphones on and some heavy drumming on the go.

Rip Neil

My musical hero

A brilliantly talented drummer, but also a man who lost both his daughter and wife in the space of a year, rode his motorcycle from one end of Northern America to the far tip of South America as well as across America and Europe touring with Rush (a band that lasted over 40yrs with the same 3 band members and releasing 19 albums between 1974 and 2012) documenting his travels in a brilliant style but also healing himself on the journeys.

He will forever live in the 'Limelight'
A Macallan to you sir......

A Farewell to a King. RIP.

Sad news. Was down the pub in my home town with an old mate and his missus on Friday night and we were actually talking about Rush, who he could never quite get into on account of Geddy's singing (plus his apparent resemblance to an old character in Neighbours - headmistress Dorothy Burke), then half hour or so later she sees a news alert on her phone about Neil :(.

2112 was my bedtime album for many years, and more recently this has been occasional bedtime YouTube viewing ...

RIP

RIP
have never been a huge fan but aware of their status. the only album i really got into was test for echo. i never really appreciated him as a drummer but can hear the skill more now. more recently got into moving pictures. and i have caress of steel on CD too but it's not one i spin often.

One of my fav trios. This is my fav of all times:

My other fav trio is Grand Funk Railroad (before they took on Craig Frost on keyboards) and Don Brewer is my fav drummer

RIP Neil... one of the great drummers.

Very sad news and an extremely talented man. I only ever went along as a tagger onner to the RUSH gigs as it is my husband a massive fan. At the last gig we attended at Sheffield, ( which was brilliant by the way) I earns massive brownie points for actually catching one of the t shirts fired out into the crowd. I am a person who can’t catch !
Anyway, to cut a long story short the t shirt is extra special because it’s Neil’s t shirt - the road less traveled.
It sits amongst the enormous collection of RUSH t shirts dating back to the 1980s, but has pride of place.

I just read this thread as I saw the news of Nicholas Parsons I couldn’t believe it when I saw Neil Peart name !
bizarrely I was watching a documentary about late Cosy Powell then in my recently set up audio room I was trying to find my Rush vinyl and dismayed to find they were lost 🙁
going to order new vinyl of Rush as a salute to Neil

The greatest drummer ever, full stop!
RIP Neil.

Both my wife and I bonded over Rush. We are both massive fans for many many years. We even got married on the 21/12/2012 and at exactly 21:12 side one of 2112 was played in entirety. Most of our friends are all massive Rush fans too so you can imagine what the room was like. Very bouncy! :)
When I heard the news that Neil was gone I was speechless. It felt like part of me was stolen. Horrible for days. Couldn't listen to Rush for a week. A few notes of Afterimage or The Garden is all it takes and I am a wreck again. The tragedies he went through in his life are only made all the worse by the fact that he had so few years of retirement to enjoy with his new wife and daughter. So unfair for all he gave us. RIP Neil Peart.

Neil was not only super drummer and percussionist but also a brilliant song/lyric writer , with a very good reputation as an author in recent years.
Therefore a true loss of a very gifted person who brought enjoyment to millions around world
Incidentally Rush downloads and music sales of physical mediums have increased 1000% since the news of Neils passing

My favourite band by a mile since Hemispheres in 78. Saw them loads during the UK tours. This has been a devastating time for all Rush fans.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom